GL1000 carb information sought

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
Ok, here's a question for the whole world. Yes, I really mean that.

Other than the listed models in Randakk's charts (https://www.randakksblog.com/early-vs-la ... b-specs-2/), which I believe only pertains to the US market, I can find no information on which model of carburettor through the years was fitted to GL1000s throughout other markets.

It seems that '75s ALL have 775A with the round alloy operating arms, which were discontinued very quickly.

The vast majority of (supposedly) 76-77 carbs I get in from UK/Euro customers for rebuild are 775B, all of which have the same jetting as the 775A. I can find no differences between A and B, so I don't know why the alternative letter.

I have heard of carbs marked 775C but never had any of those in and no idea where they were sold.

I think ALL of the 3200 '76 LTDs were fitted with the 763A but again, you may know different.

So what I would like to ask is for those owners in different parts of the world who have unmolested '75 – '79 machines with original carbs to email me:
the year (VIN would be useful),
the area it was originally sold in,
and carb number.
If you have something with a model number different to the ones already mentioned (like the 775C) it would really help to get the jetting sizes too.

I will put the info in a chart for everyone to see.

I would think Pete Brody would be a good source for that information :yes:

Ansimp":1wbvdjdv said:
I would think Pete Brody would be a good source for that information :yes:
I second that! Pistol Pete has some great experience with the oldest (serial #s 02, 40, 104 were in his booth last year @ WingDing) 'wings.

John,
my original Australian delivery carbs on my blue 75 were 755A . as were the ones i bought from you some years ago.
both my Australian delivery LTDs have 763A carbs.
i have never heard of or seen a carb set with C after the number on early models.
it's entirely possible that the info randakk was supplied was wrong.

The 755C was not from Randakk. I asked him and he had never heard of it either. I can't remember where that info came from as it was some years ago.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213732#p213732:1q3yxf4f said:
Old Fogey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 am[/url]":1q3yxf4f]
The 755C was not from Randakk. I asked him and he had never heard of it either. I can't remember where that info came from as it was some years ago.

well , that is odd. here it is on his site, plain as day. the info supplied on this chart came from another goldwing site.

https://www.randakksblog.com/gl1000-vin- ... explained/

Dear me, how have I missed that????????

In all the time I have frequented Randakk's tech stuff, I have never seen this. In fact I have a number of Frank's pages saved too but again missed this. Or maybe this is where I first saw it, but it was so long ago I don't remember. Equally, I may be doing Randakk a mis-service but saying I queried him. I'm certain that he would have directed me to that chart, except that the chart is dated 2015 and I may have asked before that, since I've been rebuilding these for 10 years now.

Thanks for the info, Maurice.

Why not check Mike Nixon out... The motorcycleproject.com
I picked up both the 1100 and the 1000 carb books from him...

I still have 3 '75 GL1000 project/parts bikes with carbs, although in storage, and very cold right now, lol! I may be able to help you w/OE numbers in the Spring.