GL1200 jet sizes on an '84?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazMan

Reaction score
My Bike Models
Custom GL1200 Bobber
Triumph Rocket 3
Following my disastrous Weber conversion saga I have decided to go back to standard carbs. Taking it one stage further, I decided to delete the secondary air feed stuff which I believe was for the Californian bikes.
Now, my question is what size should my main jets be? I have ordered a carb service kit which includes a 102 main jet and I have a 125 fitted. This seems quite a jump in size and I am wondering what size you guys run on a 1200. I have a fairly unrestricted exhaust with megaphone silencers which I am guessing might make things run a bit on the lean side?

As always, any help is very much appreciated.

Thats my problem - what is the stock size? I have seen many different 'stock' sizes and need to know what size I should use, based on my setup. 102 seems quite lean but I am not sure that deleting the Californian junk will make a difference.

Main Jet sizes.jpg

You see my problem? There is no clarification as to why the main jet size varies withing the same year :unsure: I will probably stick with the larger size - safer bearing in mind my unrestrictive (loud) exhaust and air filter which will make things on the lean side

Thanks Oldie - I have ordered some 108's and will use them