GL1200 tires

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteyPete

Reaction score
Hi All,
Having a hard time finding tires for GL1200. What tire vendors are carrying tires 130/90 B16 73H front, and 150/90 B15 74H rear? The load rating is important, planning a two-up trip, loaded. Thanks for any help.

Check Michellin Commander II and Shinko Tourmasters. Both good on the 1200. Michellin first then Shinko. Had Michellin Commander II on my '85 1200 Limited Edition. Replaced at 30K Kms, still not at the wear bars. Kept tire pressure at 40/41 PSI. Doing the same with the Shinko Tourmaster's that are on it now.

I'm using the Commander II bought from Dennis Kirk late 2019. I've got about 11k miles and there is plenty of tread left. About 10K was 2 up touring the USA four corners of the country. I was pleased with their performance in all kinds of weather.
I just installed a new Front CommanderII, this time from Revilla, as part of a hunt to get rid of a bad death wobble. The front has lot of wear left but has a slight cupping(?), maybe the problem. But the stem bearings were stiff and the wheel bearing seemed OK but replaced anyway. Hopefully out for a ride tomorrow to see if I got the wobble under control.

Last edited:
Shinko is offering a new high-mileage tire that fits our 1200 Wings. They just released them.
The Shinko 999,
SHINKO TIRE SR 999 LONG HAUL 130/90B16 FRONT 73H B/BIAS TL (Rear) $174.95 list may be cheaper depending on vendor price programs
SHINKO TIRE SR 999 LONG HAUL 150/90B15 REINF. 80H (Rear) $206.95 list may be cheaper depending on vendor price programs

Available through Western Power Sports distributors (My job is one, it's why I found out so quickly)