Gl1200goldwings.com?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm ..that seems like the trend now days ...most people are using Facebook pages now days...this absolutely sucks cause Facebook is nothing but a antiamerican CIA spy operation that boots people off if the say truth about something ....I’m currently in Facebook jail for 30 day stretch ...when the people of Facebook have a problem with me ..I’m rather sure I’m doing just right ...TRUMP 2020 ..make America free again..abolish slavery ...and keep our forum alive at classic

I don't know if FB has anything to do with it. Could be anything. Owner could have passed, lost interest...lots of possibilities.
Facebook has nothing on the capabilities of the forum software.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214760#p214760:1gw62yiy said:
joedrum » 17 minutes ago[/url]":1gw62yiy]
Hmmmm ..that seems like the trend now days ...most people are using Facebook pages now days...this absolutely sucks cause Facebook is nothing but a antiamerican CIA spy operation that boots people off if the say truth about something

That's far too optimistic to think that Facebook is solely working for the CIA. Facebook will gladly sell your information to anyone as long as it makes them a profit.

But back on the topic of Goldwings, it does suck that FB seems to be more and more popular than forums, since there's very little, if any, search capability for past information.

The problem with Facebook is that it collapses the original post, then you get people who don't click "read more" and reply, sometimes missing the original point completely.....then, you only get to see a small number of replies and people are responding to question that has already been answered 27 times.

Yes ..a forum is something that can be researched and has info ...if forums die off so does all work and information that people spent time to make available for others to see and get use from ....Facebook just sits back and controls everything that there on its page ...you can go back and look something up ...judge people and censor them ..boot you off if they want ..give you no recourse to make your case of jail time .....it is a pure form of communist type rule over something ...and I find it operates just like the impeachment hearing that the DC communist are running against Trump ...where your guilty ..and you have no access to prove your innocent or factually right and is unacceptable in what they say is there community standard ...This is totally antiamerican and communist thinking ...and a one way street only

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214776#p214776:1jkoydxu said:
joedrum » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:52 am[/url]":1jkoydxu]
Yes ..a forum is something that can be researched and has info ...if forums die off so does all work and information that people spent time to make available for others to see and get use from ....Facebook just sits back and controls everything that there on its page ...you can go back and look something up ...judge people and censor them ..boot you off if they want ..give you no recourse to make your case of jail time .....it is a pure form of communist type rule over something ...and I find it operates just like the impeachment hearing that the DC communist are running against Trump ...where your guilty ..and you have no access to prove your innocent or factually right and is unacceptable in what they say is there community standard ...This is totally antiamerican and communist thinking ...and a one way street only

This is not FB here, but yes, we are moderated here. Your point is taken Joe, but as you well know, this is a Motorcycle forum first and foremost. We all have opinions for sure, but reserve those types of opinions for FB and not here. The great thing about working on and riding our bikes is that it is not "political".

I am glad to see the GL1200 forum is up. While I may not have a need for it (no 1200 in my stable), forums are invaluable.

Yeah Joe, this isn’t FB so lighten up.

Maybe you could go to https://gl1200goldwings.com and make an account. Look around some, and post an introduction or something. That way you’re contributing to that forum instead of being critical about an off topic.

No it’s not Facebook ...but is Facebook replacing forums for the motorcycle enthusiast...I’d say yes ..and my opinion is ...this is a very bad thing ..and if it becomes the standard like what happen to my space yrs ago ...the information source will be wipe out totally ...just like it was in my space ...that’s the agenda going on ....it’s not just Facebook it’s google ..twitter ...the deleted information on google is horrible ...this is way pass moderation of a forum ...this is brainwashing and deletion of opposing views ....if it wasn’t for forums like this ..I don’t think most of us would have oldwings at all ...I know I wouldn’t ..the collective info of members on forums good and bad helped all with information unavailable before forums ..most of my mods I’ve done were triggered by something besides what I knew and had ideas about ..the Internet is being totally taken away from the individuals ..and being just a tool of the controllers and it’s obvious they want no info on the internet but what they want ...in my opinion ....personally I’m a victim of bad information and flat out lies by people who thought the greater good was to let me suffer and I have decades ..I’ll never shut up,about things I obviously see that go the same way just different issues ....you always go after the one sheep when the 99 are ok unfortunately it doesn’t work that at all

I don't even have a Facebook account... why do I have to contribute to that Zucker something guy's wealth? LOL
No twitter, instagram either.
After all, I like vintage motorcycles not the latest greatest stuff.

well i'm on the 1200 forum and I would love to do some ride reports with pic's but my pic's are too large. I know I can resize pic's but it would be a lot of work to re-size pic for just one forum

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214873#p214873:2xflgu1z said:
detdrbuzzard » 44 minutes ago[/url]":2xflgu1z]
well i'm on the 1200 forum and I would love to do some ride reports with pic's but my pic's are too large. I know I can resize pic's but it would be a lot of work to re-size pic for just one forum
I saw the need many years ago. Fortunately so did someone else who wrote the program to automatically resize pics on upload. That together with the server storage saved, was a godsend at the time.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214913#p214913:3e1jstfx said:
julimike54 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:04 am[/url]":3e1jstfx]
Boy that forum is very inactive.....but most of the bike forums I frequent are more inactive than normal :laptop:
This time of year most bike forums slow a bit until folks start posting on winter projects.