GL1500 tire data update

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Checked mileage today on the bike...it now shows 97,428 miles(It had 39,380 miles when I bought it in 2016). Rear tire is starting to look a lil worn, especially in the center, and it howls a lil bit on curves. So, I decided to check and see just how long it has been on, and how many miles I have on it. "Envelope, Please....." as of this evening, the Dunlop E4 I put on in 2019 has 26,616 miles!! Super good, imho, especially considering the HELL I had with tires on the GL1100. 🤩
Front tire is almost 2 years old since installed, and has 14,599 miles on it, and still in great shape, treadwise.
I have put a total of 58,048 miles on it since I bought it, and only put 4 rear tires on it, but 1 of those was because I got a screw in the NEW tire I had just put on a week earlier! The 1100 required a new rear tire at least once a year! I must say, the Dunlop E4 is the perfect tire for the 1500, and the way I ride, and the roads I ride on. I'm diggin them. I'll prolly be lookin to install a new rear one this summer.

Great news for you! But the tire stock market just took a hit. Tire futures were betting on your demand. Now they will have to rethink their prospectus.🤣🤣

Hardy-har-har-har!!! :mad:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Here's a pic...and one of the same tire new...

Attachments

• 20220621_125738_HDR~2.jpg
    20220621_125738_HDR~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
thats kewl, i was just going to report the bad luck i had with a metzler, front tire, so far out of round, over a half inch when you rotate it on the center stand, will be hitting the ground , then a half inch off the ground, bike shakes violent at high speeds. junk 5500 miles, try dunlap, ty

This is good news to hear, just bought a 1995 1500 SE last Fri. and it has E-4's on it, only has 39,500 on the clock (well that's what was on it when i left the PO driveway) :) :) :) on Fri.