Goldwing + BMW = AWESOME!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck c

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one way to solve the wing's lack of ground clearance!

Attachments

• 13900302_10155056323873776_2718924187323388251_n.jpg
    13900302_10155056323873776_2718924187323388251_n.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 164
it be nice to have funds to build a super wing like the one here ....but its more a show bike than anything ....id hate to think what would happen to the output drive and driveshaft if hooches motor was hook up to this bike ....it would destroy the back of the motor or shaft or both at the same time

shaft drive id never give up ...but it has it drawbacks big time ....oldwings are meant to have basically in line drive with some movement up and down .....it just wont live long down all the time and never get strait ...im sure this bike has to be pampered if rode ...and long rides would certainly trash it id say..

ive tested on my own the tolerences of the driveshaft system its practically none ....as ive seen some wild builds with fat tires in the back and all ....done double joints and all ...the one thing over the yrs ive never seen is vid of one applying power to the road ....the output shaft on the rear of motor is just not supported enough to handle such a shaft ..this is not to say i dont like the output shaft set up ...it is great ...it is compact ..and it has the wonderful cam spring torque spreading drive ....thats proved very long lasting and trouble free in its intended set up ....

as i looked at things and almost got completed ...before loosing all wings and parts and stuff ...was modifying the 1800 swingarm ...had it all done but the welding and wheel set up ....this was suppose to be hooches drive system ....so glad i got the 1200 set up in hooch before loosing everything i had ..at 275 gearing it would have been a bit taller than hooch is now ....seems for sure the drive line clutch and all would handle it ....this is what i considered all the oldwing motor could handle in drive line ....and be a bike one could ride all the time

Latest posts