Greetings from Florida!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRQ Mike

Reaction score
Hello! I just purchased a 1981 GL 1100 here in Florida. It's in very good condition except for an electrical discharge problem that I'm trying to track down. So, I'll be searching the forums for ideas. Also, if I can figure out how to do it, I will post a picture of my bike.

Attachments

• Naked Gold Wing.jpg
    Naked Gold Wing.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 426
Thanks for the welcomes and for the tips. It appears that the starter needs a cleaning/rebuild. Anxious to ride before it gets any hotter down here!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173640#p173640:1evluacm said:
SRQ Mike » Thu May 19, 2016 10:10 am[/url]":1evluacm]
Thanks for the welcomes and for the tips. It appears that the starter needs a cleaning/rebuild. Anxious to ride before it gets any hotter down here!
Hot is an understatement! I rode down to Fort Lauderdale from New Jersey last year and I was shocked at how hot it got! As a matter of fact, it got so hot, there were alligators requesting air conditioners!! :smilie_happy:

Welcome to the site, :hi: stator is almost a rite of passage around here. :whistling: :hihihi:

Thanks for the welcome. Does anyone know of a chrome front fender I could use to replace the one currently on the bike? I prefer the smaller chrome fender over the original stock, but would like to find a new one or at least one in better condition. Any ideas?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=173692#p173692:2jbv603l said:
SRQ Mike » Sat May 21, 2016 4:35 am[/url]":2jbv603l]
Thanks for the welcome. Does anyone know of a chrome front fender I could use to replace the one currently on the bike? I prefer the smaller chrome fender over the original stock, but would like to find a new one or at least one in better condition. Any ideas?
Seems I recall someone putting a kawasaki cruiser chrome fender that fit and looked sporty, cant remember the post, might have been another forum..I cant believe I remember that much :mrgreen:
Maybe the 1000 chrome ones will work.

Latest posts