Greetings from Hoosier land

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147338#p147338:x9k2e7qv said:
deanmay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:56 pm[/url]":x9k2e7qv]
I've got close to 3k miles on it so far, keep running Seafoam in it, it keeps running better. Getting very smooth. My 2 complaints about the bike are I find myself going down the highway and after awhile I realize I'm still in 4th gear. Second complaint is similar, bike is so smooth and quiet I don't know how fast I'm going.

I am loving this Goldwing.
do you have some pictures somewhere I could look at of your set up?

It's just a standard '84 Interstate, no mods really. Weathered paint. Basic age/number of feet rule: however old it is, it looks good from that number of feet away.

The cam chain broke on my go to bike: '81 CB900C w/ full Vetter compliment. That happened last Sept. Then in October my back up bike, '01 Vulcan 1500 Classic, I was T boned by a kid who ran a stop sign. Still dickering with insurance on settlement for it. After going all winter without a bike and weather warming up, i couldn't take it anymore and found this cheap Interstate to have something to ride while waiting on insurance settlement. I didn't expect to love it this much. It may become my new main bike.

Hoosier is the nickname for the great state of Indiana!

Attachments

• 1984 Goldwin.jpg
    1984 Goldwin.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 108
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=144013#p144013:2w2lyvpw said:
CRAFTMAN6001 » March 22nd, 2015, 9:25 pm[/url]":2w2lyvpw]
One thing I've found out also from the vibrating your telling is in my case the c/v slides were hanging up causing it to vibrate under a load. I used a 44 cal gun barrel brass cleaner on a drill to polish them up (over a glass table) to see when to stop.

I'm having trouble visualizing what you are talking about. The slides are cylindrical thingys, right? And somehow you are using a gun barrel cleaner, which is designed to clean the ID of gun barrel, to polish the OD of the slide. And the glass table makes no sense at all. Help me out! I want to try this but really don't understand what you are talking about. Is there another thread that discusses this?

Same type carbs are still being used on new bikes. Might want to check and compare with new. I think the Triumph Bonny has same size caps on their carbs so they may use the same diaphragms. Might not be any cheaper but worth checking and comparing.

Great tip! i put the dab of thick CA glue on it and what a difference. huge.

Thanks so much, Slab. I've got a 350 mile service call run tomorrow. Hope i stay dry, but I'm going to enjoy my much smoother running bike!

Latest posts