Handwings...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bib

Reaction score
For those who ride in the colder weather....I've been using these for a couple of years. They definitely help keep some of the wind off of your hands. They bolt onto the mirror mount. On my 1100 I didn't need to use any of the extra bracketry that is included. With a stock windshield they didn't interfere with the windshield when turning the bars all the way...I'm using a GL1200 wraparound that I fitted and they do hit the windshield and limit the travel, but not enough to be a problem. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Smo ... 0667.m2042

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 138
You're a stouter man than I. Today I put stabil in the fuel, removed the batteries, and hung the keys to the bikes on the wall. High temp today of 36, snow predicted for the rest of the week. If all goes well, I'll be riding again when April showers wash the salt off the roads and push the gravel off the corners. If two pair of gloves and a scarf won't do it then its not warm enough for me to be riding. I do find that the fairing on my '83 aspencade keeps almost all the wind off my hands, much better than the Vetter fairing did.

Just arrived in Calhoun, Georgia at 11pm last night, and got word from home that yesterday's 50F outdoor workday was now under 5" of snow, and it's showing below freezing for the next five days... by the time I get home Saturday, it MIGHT make it to 37...

When I was in college, I would ride my CX500 (200mi) there, and keep it on campus 'till Thanksgiving break, then ride in home and come back with my pickup truck... Coldest ride home was 40F once, and I would've loved to have hand protection... I still have the Pacifico Aero-II on it, and I made plexi extensions just to fend my hands, but cold knuckles are a killer.

A co-worker had a BMW twin with hand-protectors, and the Suzi V-strom 1000 I took for a test ride had 'em too... yep, I think the'll be on my list for the 1200... mebbie some heated gloves too.

About ten years ago, we had a really mild first-half of winter... it was 60F on Christmas Day. I mowed the lawn... and had my wife take my picture doing it (with a Santa hat on)

My wife asked me "Why are you mowing the lawn?"

I answered "Because I CAN... and if it's this nice on New Year's Day, I'll mow it THEN, too!!"

And it was... and I did...

And two days later, it was -31F with 4" of ice and a foot of snow... :smilie_happy:

Bakers makes hand wings that mount to the bottom of GL1800 mirrors. Good not only for knocking wind off the hands when cooler, but scoop in a good breeze (although noisy) in warm weather.

Latest posts