Hello all... Regarding my absence.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if I've told the community yet about my absence, so if I did pardon me.

In March of this year I had to have emergency back surgery, I crushed a disc and had to have an L4/L5 fusion. The docs were afraid of what the pain was doing to my blood pressure and feared I may have a stroke and or another heart attack because my lab work told them I had just had one. I didn't even know.

March 2, 2019.

Since then I've had to sell Crystal, and have been in a deepening dark ugly depression. I feel the worst about not continuing to participate in the community especially since I said I would in the mod's forum. I feel like I've let Dan the other mods and all of you down, and I let the shame of that keep me from coming here even though I know you would have done your all to cheer me up. You see I haven't forgotten what a truly special place this is. To my surprise, just posting these words, the ones about you all just now, is kinda making my heart swell cause I know the love and caring that this post are going to bring, in fact I'm tears now at this very moment.

I'm kinda lost at the moment. I did get myself back to work in just two months, probably because of thirty years in nursing and I already knew what I had to do to get back on my feet. I found a job I love driving and maintenance for an assisted living complex. The folks of this community at work have soothed my soul. But I'm being forced to leave them and that job because it doesn't pay well and I'm tired of my poor Janet trying to budget our now much more meager income. I've got myself on the books at my local IBEW as a helper and I'll see if this helps, there is a lot of work in the Ammergosa Valley(sp check is not helping) on some big solar energy project. It's supposed to pay $18/hr to start and $25/hr after you prove yourself and a certain amount of time.

Before all this started I finally let our very patient Lord into my life, as I've been feeling his pull since my druggy teens. I would gladly accept any and all prayers from the community.

No lie, I'm feeling a sense of something after putting all this out there. I know that this is safe place(a real one not the fake kind), I know this community. I love this community. Always have and always will. So I'm going to try to push past the shame I'm feeling for abandoning this wonderful place. Things may get better, or they may get worse, but I swear I'm going to start contributing again. I mean it Dan, Joe(why did we ever fight? It all seems so stupid now. You always reached out to those in pain, like myself twice), Joel, Mcgovern61, Tony and everyone else, every single one of you.

I'm sorry Dan, and I say that understanding that you understand. I just wanted to say it one more time. I know you know how much I love this place you've created and what I feel is hands down the finest group of people in one place. I just don't know what kept me away, almost every day I thought of CGW it just hurt so much worse as the time past by.

I'm going to fix this, and stop feeling this way because I know this community can help heal my soul, not just sooth it.

-Randy

WELCOME BACK O-MAN!!!!
giphy.gif

You always have a home here...you know that. Hope your physical stuff gets better as you go, and the rest of the stuff too. No apology's needed here brother. It's been lonely without you around to hassle me aboot my tires.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Luv ya man! :salute:

Yeah... how many have you had to replace since I've been gone? I'm guessing no less than 4 rears and at least 1 front. :smilie_happy: Oh damn, that felt good all down under!

~O~

No apology needed here Randy! :yes:

I have been praying for your healing since we knew about your back. (BTW, 30 years of nursing didn't help that! My Wife is a nurse working long term care for years and blew the C4-C5 and C5-C6 discs. Fusion worked!)

If it helps any, I got much inspiration from Old Girlfriend back in the day! Having that big old bag back there. Had to do something like it for the Slug!

picture004fw.jpg

Hang in there as best as you can! I am not riding much myself, but it is a great community and we still have a few things to offer!

Thanks Gerry! Wow, wasn't she a beauty!? I always loved those bags and aftermarket trunk. I don't know if I can find that pic of her right under the "Fabulous Las Vegas" sign. That area is all fenced in with parking now. :shock:

~O~

FOUND IT! and others... for all the new folks this is "Old Girlfriend" I had her before "Crystal a.k.a. Crystal Blue Persuasion."

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

and this is Crystal from when Tony visited from Down Under. OI OI OI!

image.php

Damn this felt good too!

~O~

Hey Randy, don't sweat it bro. We all go thru shit at one time or another, you've been going thru plenty of it. I've been missing you too, but I wanted to give you the freedom to make your own choices when you were ready, as you did by reaching out to us in this thread.

Love ya bro, and give the misses a big hug and kiss, she's a real trooper.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212614#p212614:1mcqkf16 said:
Omega Man » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm[/url]":1mcqkf16]
Thanks Gerry! Wow, wasn't she a beauty!? I always loved those bags and aftermarket trunk. I don't know if I can find that pic of her right under the "Fabulous Las Vegas" sign. That area is all fenced in with parking now. :shock:

~O~
I have a copy of it:

picture003j.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212619#p212619:1b6vibcu said:
mcgovern61 » 1 minute ago[/url]":1b6vibcu]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212614#p212614:1b6vibcu said:
Omega Man » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 pm[/url]":1b6vibcu]

~O~
I have a copy of it:

file.php
That's a better shot.

I can't wait to hear from Joe too. Looking back at that stupid feud we had for a while I just have to shake head and say sorry to him too.

I need to tell you all I'm a different person now. I now see how the constant pain I was in for years prior affected me. My surgery was a real and complete success, and right now I feel the fugue I was in lifting, thank you.

~O~

OH SH*T! A friend that joined just before me just got back(he's staying with us) from his first day. He started at $25.10/hr. first day! My number is coming up soon! Days or weeks and I'll be at the same place. I might get called tomorrow!

image.php

~O~

I'm relatively new here, so I don't know you, but I'm not going to hold anything against you for suffering from back problems or depression.

Hope to get to know you in the coming months, and I hope your life improves.

Welcome Back, Randy-

Unless you lurk and read, you probably haven't a clue who I am, but having been through a unique, and very protracted C5/C6 collapse (inward... imagine cramming a 1" O-ring into a 3/4" hose), I can tell you, and anyone else, with absolute certainty:

The pain of a spinal problem is unlike any other injury. I've had broken bones, I've been punctured with sharp objects, impacted by some not-sharp-enough-to-puncture, I've had pieces lopped off by machines and smashed to bits... but NONE of them took my life, my happiness, and my soul like that little O-ring slipping inside, and causing C5/6 from becoming a pair of vise-grips clamped down on the nerves to my shoulders, biceps, elbows, forearms, wrists, and hands.

It starts out with just a little... don't even notice it. After a while, it isn't noticeable, seems like it went away, but no, just getting 'used' to that tingling. It builds up a little, sometimes it's hard to sleep... tire a bit sooner, and it's difficult to get home stuff done after a hard workday. Ibuprofen doesn't help... and other things, all over, start to cause problems.

It took an hour and fifteen minutes in the surgery to solve what I'd been slowly torn apart by for 15 years... the last two and a half weeks being total hell, inability to eat, drink, shower, even stand up or walk... and all of a sudden, I could again.

It took only a few days to realize how much progress in things I had to set aside, because the pain I was in, totally exhausted my spirit.

I hope for you, and anyone else, that spine situations are swiftly, and totally resolved, regardless of the method and means. No matter how upset I could ever become about anything with anyone, I would NEVER, EVER wish anything like this upon anyone, and I offer support to anyone who's dealing with it, or recovering from it.

Hopefully, sometime, you'll find some opportunity to return the breeze to your hair. Cheers!!

Great to have you return to the living (I hope we are all living :BigGrin: ) and keep on keeping on! If you need help we could provide, don't hesitate to ask!

Hi Randy...Fued I never took it that way ...as said many times ...I myself had huge things to deal with health wise for decades...did it make me rough to deal with ..course it did ...to be honest I had to be there or I’d faultier in fight I had and still have to in to stay the best I can ...on that note ...just yesterday the government has just admitted that Lyme disease was a military man made bio weapon ...through the 30 plus years I always held my head high knowing that all the deceiving denials and what one goes through dealing with denial and all the health problems together was a monster to deal with ...I was always smart enough to understand that others were not dealing with what had and were being fed false info as a policy in place ...it made a different person out of me as you have mention also in your comeback post here ...I love you brother and always understood your position ...but as you said when things :salute: got rough we always supported each completely and those are the things that mattered ...so glad your finding out and actually knew this was always more than wing forum ...just to think of all the battles this forum went through because we were different...and of course my rough attitude of how I deal with things ...is not written in the book of good manners ..LOL..guilty just great to have you back Randy

Randy... who's Randy????

Just kidding! I was wondering what happened to you and glad to see you back and posting. Losing Vince was hard enough, it'd be a shame to lose you too yet!

Latest posts