Hello from Missouri

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been riding for 40 years but have never owned a Goldwing. Still don't but I see one in my future.
A 1000 or 1100.
I just brought home a trailer full of GL1000/1100 parts. Mostly GL1000 parts. All I need is a frame and I could put a whole bike together.
Hopefully by spring I'll have one together.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, wanrep!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I bet someone around here has a spare frame... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Hello from Kansas City Kansas, the guys' here are pretty good at tradeing out parts for different years so I think you are in the right spot for any of that..Welcome Sir.. :grin:

wanrep":370lt1ck said:
Been riding for 40 years but have never owned a Goldwing. Still don't but I see one in my future.
A 1000 or 1100.
I just brought home a trailer full of GL1000/1100 parts. Mostly GL1000 parts. All I need is a frame and I could put a whole bike together.
Hopefully by spring I'll have one together.
Hi,and welcome from sunny socal (wait a minute its been raining here for the last five days non stop :doh: )Anywho had the same dilema some time ago,wanted a 78 gl1000 wing(liked the set up of guages in the tank)Friend of mine had an 1980 1100gl bagger,I ended up with an 82 aspy(its been great and love the bike).If in doubt what to buy get them both 1000 & 1100 gls :yahoo: they're great machines.Some members here have both they can help you out sort the differences between them.Good luck,and like I said before welcome aboard :yes:

Omega Man":3b8kcc18 said:
Welcome to the forums! You found the right place for basketcase tech. :builder:

~O~
Yeah Omega Man is right.......Let me add this .....Found the right place for basketcase tech and Owners :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I'm including my self for sure :ahem: :ahem:

Welcome from MI,sounds like you will fit in nicely here.
Pay attention to JOEDRUMs advice,He is the master of homegrown american engineering,and has a pretty good inventory of spares.

Welcome wanrep. I'm right there with ya...my 1000 came to me a frame, tires and 7 boxes. Good times.

I don't know if the guy I got all this from was on this board or not. If not, he should have been.
His name is Bill Hayes from Fayette, MO. Some of you may know or know of him. He's suffering from severe dementia and is in a nursing home now.
He dismantled several GL1000's and saved everything. Well...almost everything.

When I get the chance to sort through everything, I'll be putting a list up and watching the "wanted" section.
Unfortunately, I don't have the space in my shop to go through it so it's stacked in the barn until I find an old box truck or shipping container to organize it in.

A buddy of mine is going to give me a 16x16 shed that he built but it's got a loft on it making it 16' high. I found a guy that would move it but he said by the time he got it on a trailer, it'd be too high to go under the power lines that stretch across the road. CRAP :head bang:

If he has a way to lift it maybe the roof can be removed for transport. Or you might recruit a driver with a lowboy at a local truck stop. For me I'm hoping to find a cheap old box trailer to retire in my back yard as a shed.

I missed out on a 24' box truck a guy gave away. Even had a lift on the back of it.
I can use about anything. No neighbors to complain about an eyesore. Just have to hide it behind the barn, out of the wife's line of sight.
I came across an old Matco tool truck with no engine or tranny for $750. It has shelves in it. I'm going to check it out. Even has the rooftop A/C.
Trying to do this on the cheap.

My neighbor are such whiny nannies I'd do a lot just to aggravate them. I own my home and one of my neighbors tried to get me evicted. :smilie_happy:

Latest posts