Hi newbie goldwing owner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actungbaby59

Reaction score
My Bike Models
Honda cbr 900 r sc 33
Honda vfr 750 rc36 x2
Honda nss 250 forza
Honda xr 200 r
Honda xl 100 k2 1977.
Hi newbie here
I never thought own a goldwing ever.
But brought one its 1984 not in such good shape looks wise.been sitting since 2018 .i havent picked it up yet.
Just few qwestions.before i try start it.
Should i take carbs of.i know i need new throttle grips redo brake fulid clean brakes .i done this with my vfr 750 s.
First thingdrain petrol tank.
Ps getting bike to me is problem as not going moving such heavy bike by myself.chould be quite dangerious.am thinking geting on lift truck .a van seems impossible

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-13-10-50-10-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-13-10-50-10-08.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2022-08-12-23-16-26-56_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-12-23-16-26-56_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2022-07-22-23-35-38-56_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-22-23-35-38-56_e2dcd05661dfebeb123569377c1f4abc.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 0
They roll on and strap down on the low ramp-gate trailers (like folks haul riding mowers) pretty well. Just make sure you will clear the ramp-trailer joint BEFORE trying to load - maybe select a low spot for the trailer wheels. Something to take heed: they are interference engines with two belt-driven cams. CHANGE YOUR BELTS! First, before doing anything else. Four years setting? Yes, probably needs carbs cleaned unless stored empty, but probably also needs tank at a minimum flushed. If stored outside (why fo people do thst to bikes?), you need to check everything for water damage. There is a connector with three connections just aft of the alternator, kind of forward and inboard the battery. It has three yellow wires. It is your connection from the alternator to the reg/rect. Inspect it for heat damage and repair/replace as necessary. All of these things have write-ups in this forum and others.

Welcome to the forum, Yea that's a tough one, too dangerous with a moving van these bikes are heavy and will tip, do you have AAA or equivalent down there, some roadside services will tow bikes even if its a friends card as long as they are there at the time of tow. Bike looks' nice be careful and good luck.

They roll on and strap down on the low ramp-gate trailers (like folks haul riding mowers) pretty well. Just make sure you will clear the ramp-trailer joint BEFORE trying to load - maybe select a low spot for the trailer wheels. Something to take heed: they are interference engines with two belt-driven cams. CHANGE YOUR BELTS! First, before doing anything else. Four years setting? Yes, probably needs carbs cleaned unless stored empty, but probably also needs tank at a minimum flushed. If stored outside (why fo people do thst to bikes?), you need to check everything for water damage. There is a connector with three connections just aft of the alternator, kind of forward and inboard the battery. It has three yellow wires. It is your connection from the alternator to the reg/rect. Inspect it for heat damage and repair/replace as necessary. All of these things have write-ups in this forum and others.
Thank you for great info

Welcome to the forum, Yea that's a tough one, too dangerous with a moving van these bikes are heavy and will tip, do you have AAA or equivalent down there, some roadside services will tow bikes even if its a friends card as long as they are there at the time of tow. Bike looks' nice be careful and good luck.
Yeah i was thinking same thing thanks