High RPM miss

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dodge Neon coil came in. I fabbed a mounting bracket, wired it up, key on, mashed the button and she fired instantly! Took a short ride to warm her up then got on it hard. Pulled cleanly to redline in the first 4 gears, didn't take it all the way up in 5th, was going too fast. She ran beautiful, just the way it was intended. Idle was smooth, throttled up and down cleanly. Was for sure hitting on all 4 cylinders.

I've been chasing this miss for a year. It felt electrical and it turned out to be so. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I did replace the coils. Fifty bucks for the pair from Amazon last year. I think they were "Caltric". Probably from China...junk. Sure glad I found out about the Neon coil, Thanks to whoever figured it out.

A tip to anybody who goes the Neon coil route---Try to get the wiring pigtail with it. I didn't and it was $15 with shipping. Heck, the coil was only $14, free shipping (used, eBay).

I'll check back in after I put some miles on her. Thanks everybody for the help.