Idle jet removal?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hibernate my 1100 for 5 months every winter; never had a problem. My routine:
1) Fill tank and drive straight home.
2) Add ATF; 1 oz per gal.
3) Add Stabil
4) Run engine with petcock off, pulling choke out as she dies to get her to run as long as possible.
I haven't touched the carbs in 30 years and she runs fine and gets good fuel mileage (low 40's)

In my carbureted engines, I use nothing but 100% gasoline with Stabil. When my three 5 gallon cans get empty, I add Stabil to each, take them to a station that sells 100% gasoline (happily our nearest station), and fill them. Between 3 oldwings, a Kawasaki mule, tiller, two garden tractors, wood chipper, generator, and the various 2-stroke implements, they get used up about five times a year.

I generally always buy non-ethanol, but if I'm on a trip and stop at a place that only has E10, I'll run it, but I certainly won't park it anytime with alcohol in the system. I run it through and get real gasoline back in it before shutting down. I do put some sta-bil in the last tankful before winter, and I start it up a couple times during the winter... this year I got to it twice. Once warm, I shut off the petcock, run it, and pull the choke out to get it down as far as I can, then dump the bowls... and with my CX, it's been fine for 34 years now...

I should pull the Aspy's carbs and extract the idle jets, as mine likes to drop #1 unless I've got a little choke going...

Latest posts