Introducing myself

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvly2k

Reaction score
Hello I am actually here for my uncle. He is Deaf and not computer savy so he has asked me to see anyone could help him find out some information. He has a 1976 Honda Goldwing that is completely Original, except for the tires, battery, and air filter. Everything else is what the bike came with including the tool kit and owners manual. His father-in-law was the original owner and he inherited the bike in 1979. Other than a few scratches the bike is in amazing shape. It has been garaged for its entire lifetime. It runs beautifully and he recently took it on a long trip through many states. It only has 28497 original miles on the bike. He is looking to sell it because he is getting too old to do much, but he has no idea what the bike is worth. Recently on one of his trips, a few bike enthusiasts told him his bike was worth a good price, but the only thing we can come up with is blue book. If I posted some pics, could anyone help an old man out with value?

Welcome to Classics from PA! You want to take a look at eBay and see what others are selling for to get an idea what you can expect for his. Condition is the driving factor though.

Don't rely on the NADA guide, I wish it was accurate, there is another called the total motorcycle guide that is close to reality but they are weak on the LTD model 76`s..The LTD is more desirable for collectors.

I can see it getting 3K if it is running right , The 75 is the most desireable because it is first years , the 76 is less with the exception of the LTD model but all things considered your bike could bring 3K, It cost less then that new.
Might advertise for 4K OBO and see what happens or you can do an auction with a reserve. Really it should be kept and ridden. The future is wide open to these clean old early wings.
BTW the handicap(believe it or not) is the faring stuff, the right guy may want it but the people that collect these want them as they left the factory, personally I like the gear and there is someone else out there that will. If you ave the original seat or any other parts taken off be sure and list them in the advertisement.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148638#p148638:10l1kh1k said:
zman » 29 minutes ago[/url]":10l1kh1k]
I can see it getting 3K if it is running right , The 75 is the most desireable because it is first years , the 76 is less with the exception of the LTD model but all things considered your bike could bring 3K, It cost less then that new.
Might advertise for 4K OBO and see what happens or you can do an auction with a reserve. Really it should be kept and ridden. The future is wide open to these clean old early wings.
BTW the handicap(believe it or not) is the faring stuff, the right guy may want it but the people that collect these want them as they left the factory, personally I like the gear and there is someone else out there that will. If you ave the original seat or any other parts taken off be sure and list them in the advertisement.

Thanks Jeff, that helps a lot.

She's a BEAUTY! :clapping: I agree with the $3000 price. Especially if you/he still has all of the original equipment to put it back "stock". Very nice bike. A shame you can't keep it.... :crying:

What ever price the market will bear; You can always lower your price, put it back to original & post the pictures both ways. Also show each piece, from different angles, & go from there would be my best guess. Good luck to you, if you MUST sell, someone will be happy with it.