Is global warming a scam?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, it is a scam. Are we experiencing a warming trend? Yes. Is it "Global Warming"? NO. Mariners sailing the oceans laugh at the whole thing because we have seen first hand the temp swings with wind events, wind currents changing, ice melting in the north and such. CO2? We need it for the trees and plants to make oxygen. We are not causing an "excess" of CO2 that is now causing the planet to warm. (If there ever was a time that happened, it would have been during the industrial age when tons more CO2 was added to the atmosphere from burning wood and coal.) It is a natural cycle. The previous mini ice age caused all of the permafrost to stay frozen up north plus develop the large ice caps. Now that the cycle is changing, the ice will finally melt again. People seem to forget that in order to develop the ice in the first place, it had to be water and a warmer environment first.

Will shorelines rise? A bit. Will it be like 8 feet higher? Of course not. There is no new water being created that I am aware of. It is just frozen right now it certain parts of the world. Have you ever put ice in a glass and add water? What happens when the ice melts? Does the glass overflow?

What about ice that is on land...glaciers and such. Fill a glass with water, then add the ice...it most certainly will rise. Is the changing climate man-made? Of course not, but we're pouring so much crap into the air and water, we're definitely not helping it.

The plants of the planet do need CO2, but the way the major rain forests and other areas are being destroyed to make way for us humans and our livestock, where is the balance? We simply need to be careful.

If global warming is the cause, then for every acre of land lost to rising ocean levels, new acres of virgin, suddenly arable land will become available in northern North America, Europe, and Asia. New fresh water added to the oceans from melting glaciers would help dilute the filth we have put in the ocean. I would like to see better enforcement of the garbage the world deposits in the ocean.

It’s assumed global warming will be bad. How do we know that?

I seriously question the math of man contributing carbon as the cause. The only thing the carbon myth is producing is newer taxes for the government to play with.

Well it is ridiculously brainless to assume humans piss ass existence...is any challenge to the earth ...LMAO...there are so many as we think lesser life forms on earth that have such a greater survival rate than humanity has by far ...unless your a blind total idiot the evidenced of humans of highly great intelligence and skills is all over the planet ...but gee they seem to have been wipe out totally ..and the earth seemed to keep going ...man thinks way to much of itself ...it’s such a joke the thought that a unsuccessful creature as humans is any challenge to earth and it’s stability...humans are way to stupid period ...

Now the video theme is rather spot on ...there is an agenda and a deep human desire for some humans to control all other humans ...it is so powerful that unlike animals who know the true purpose in life is eating breathing and survival of there species ....humans actually believe killing others to eliminate there competition of power ...like cannibals are disgusting minds can get .....over humanity in general ..history proves humans are the kill each idiotic life ever known in existence period ...the whole scam today to teach people lies as education for an agenda of totall control by bypassing nations ..freedom ..sovereignty..or choices ...is the agenda ....to create a global slavery ...this is the truth in all the lies period ...I know people don’t to talk religion..but it’s involve hugely in this issue ....the people that are in a position to pull this have been doing the shit for centuries..even before the messiah walked the earth ...they pretty much have controlled humanity and it’s history forever ..they believe in the religion of the devil or Satan ....i will just say one thing the messiah said ...to these false religion leaders of the time ....the devil is your god ....he is a murderer and speaks the language of lies ....all these one% that run the world ..are satanic..they are not accountable to anyone one earth ..not to irs ..not to any government ..they pay no taxes ...and the produce nothing but The fools gold out of thin air that all humans put above food freedom peace and survival ...the art of hell on on earth to all but them ...this kind of thinking will take humans out again ..most of them ...and people will be looking at the ruins and trying to figure out why ..just as we do ..no paper money tax is going to save planet ..it’s just going to end humanity again ...the earth will be fine ..true education is just common sense not brainwashed by liars

Now there’s some common sense total truth ...we have been being lied too ..for one reason ..the agenda to take our rights and freedom away ..in today’s america you don’t own your land ..the epa dies ..so does zoning laws ..and the property tax collected yearly on something never sold ...

This video exposes the entire scam slavery impose on all people world wide by people who zero things imposed on them

Scam. The length of time that man has been on this spinning ball of dirt (cosmically speaking) is no where near long enough to effect the climate in any significant way. Yes we've not helped, but to claim "global warming" is man-made is the height of arrogance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'll take the contrarian position. ;)

I don't consider it a scam. It's clear that earth's atmosphere is responsible for earth's average temperature being much warmer than the moon's average temperature, even though they roughly receive the same amount of energy from the sun (the moon actually receives more, due to a lack of clouds reflecting sunlight). Life as we know it exists because of a natural greenhouse effect.

Also seems clear that we've changed the earth's atmosphere over time, increasing that greenhouse effect.

I don't take the doom and gloom approach to global warming, at least not for humans. We're adaptable. We'll survive. It may be expensive - warming water does expand, causing problems for coastal areas, not to mention melting glaciers. We'll gain some farmland, but we'll also lose some farmland, and that will have a cost. Same with other changing climate patterns. Oceans getting less alkaline will likely be a problem, but I think we're smart enough to survive. There is an argument to be made to try to reduce the effect we're having to reduce the costs we'll face.

But I do think that global warming is a convenient excuse to hide from other nasty truths that we don't want to face. It is easy to say that global warming is the cause of many things, since it is big, and each individual's contribution is small. It's a lot harder to start examining other problems we're creating. In many areas, we pump more water out of aquifers than is replenished naturally, leading to wells drying out, and in coastal areas, the land subsiding and salt water intrusions. Or blaming global warming for extinctions, where habitat fragmentation plays a large role in that as well. And I think a lot of the sea shore is a naturally evolving system, with parts eroding and parts gaining accumulation over time. Same with rivers - they flood and change their channels over time. Forests regularly burn, as dead wood accumulates, waiting for a dry period and a spark. A lot of people don't want to face those truths.

And I think that we frame a lot of the approach to the problem in the wrong way. There are so many improvements I can think of that are pretty non-controversial, or at least should be. Is anyone really opposed to more efficient houses that lower fuel bills in winter and a/c electricity costs in the summer? Opposed to cars that go farther and have more power while burning less gas? How about improvements in electronics - we all know how much brighter a good LED can be, not to mention the better television pictures we've gotten from our LEDs over the old CRTs. I'm old enough to remember the big console TVs that were warm enough that the cat liked to lay on them. Electric lawnmowers are so much easier to maintain than their gas cousins, and in my neighborhood with smaller lawns, I've seen more and more of them. There's a million small little bits that are improving, each with a tiny effect, but a large effect overwall. We're moving towards more efficient systems anyways, because efficiency saves money, and all of us like more cash in our pockets a the end of the day.

Anyways, just my $0.02.

The scam pulled by "scientists" was well documented by their own emails. Notice the media no longer calls it "global warming". Instead, they call in "climate change". I can't argue that the climate is changing. It always has.

In the middle ages, the atmosphere was cooler because of particulates in the air from burning peat - the primary fuel in Europe back then. Changing to coal actually made it better, but eventually coal for heat was going to cause an ice age (the big scare climatologists were pushing in the 70's) due to the particulate (much higher population and therefore use of coal) buildup reflecting the suns rays off into space. We cleaned coal burning up, started burning better coal, changed more to electric with cleaner coal, gas, and oil power plants and added nuclear and renewable. Atmosphere no longer reflecting, now the earth is receiving and absorbing. It will cycle again.

A half-hour drive northeast of Brooks Alberta, in Dinosaur Provencial Park, there's fossils of crocodiles, Turtles, Paddlefish, and dinosaurs of all sorts. It was once a the Great Western Interior Seaway... a waterway that split the North American continent in two, and was filled with all sorts of costal plain life forms, and in it's earier timeframe, a haven for dinosaurs, and then Wooly Mammoth.

At this very moment, it is about 26F and snowing... certainly NOT an environment satisfactory for the lifestyle of a crocodile.

I submit to all, that the ground I live on, was smoothed by the Laurentide Ice Sheet, which was, at it's peak some 15,000 years ago, about a half-mile thick where I now stand.

It is clear, that somehow, over the last 15,000 years, that the climate, at least where I am right now, has changed, but I've been here for more than 50 years, and I've never seen this glacier they speak of. I've been told by many, that my actions have directly resulted in it's disappearance, but my great-great grandfather never saw the glacier either... and he, and his father, never farmed with anything other than a single draft horse.

All these things in mind, it is clear to me that if what these 'climate change' activists say, that dinosaurs apparently did something (I believe it was most likely smoking filterless cigarettes) to cause the ice age that probably resulted in their demise, and the wooly mammoth and sabre-tooth tigers that emerged after, must have been either tearing the "DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG" from their new mattresses, or driving 'coal-guzzling SUV's' which caused those precious gaciers to magically vanish, and likewise caused the great inland waterway to dry up and vanish. They probably did something to anger the earth and cause the upheval that created the Rocky Mountains, and probably also caused Panera Bread to eliminate the Asiago Roast Beef sandwich that was the only menu item I would eat.

I submit that for the last century, HAM radio operators have taken very close notes on changes in radio propogation cycles, which seem rather irrelevant to most people, but note that the factors which create enhanced radio transmission are very directly tied to a portion of the biosphere that media-climatologists 'conveniently overlook'.

The weather we see, is directly affected by solar emmission... and contrary to what most assume, the sun is not a candle that burns steadily- it flickers and spits, and it does it on rhythmic cycles: The shortest cycle that we see, is the SUNSPOT CYCLE. It oscillates on about a 12-year cycle. At the peak of the sunspot cycle, we see large quantities of sunspots, and lots of solar events like Coronal Mass Ejections (the equivalent of the sun popping a zit equivalent to oh... about a 30,000 megaton nuclear weapon.

Right now, we're at the LOW of Sunspot Cycle 24... look at the chart shown here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

Notice how there's really sharp peaks every 11.5 years or so? The next peak will be in about 2024... but we're in a dip right now.

In 2002, using a 100w AM transmitter (keyed as CW... no modulation) I was able to work a guy in New Zealand on 6m (50 MHZ). Today, that same power and frequency would barely make it 40 miles.

Now look way back in history to the Maunder Minimum, and then the Dalton Minimum.

Take a look at the weather of 1821: https://www.earthfacts.com/weather/1816 ... -a-summer/

Now look at the BE scale here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

Notice anything unusually cyclic about the minima and maxima? Yep, we're at the 'modern maxima'... and yes, it's RISING... but realize- that's not EARTH temperature- that's SOLAR ACTIVITY.

The earth warms and cools because the SUN warms and cools.

We aren't even a fart in a hurricane. The last two hundred years of burning coal, turning forests into farm fields, and manufacturing refrigerants is overshadowed in 30 seconds of the eruption of Mount St Helens.

Basically, everything advertised to save the earth, can be traced back to politicians and profiteers.

Yes, humanity IS it's own worst enemy... Careful use of resources is mandatory, not only to make sure that we don't poison ourselves, but exchanging fossil fuel systems with big, heavy, toxic batteries takes a comparatively small problem, and makes it very, very big, very fast. LED lights are better than say... flourescent lamps, but LEDs aren't exactly indefinite in their lifespan, not particularly biodegradable and certainly not environmentally 'clean' to produce... and they generate a fair amount of radio-frequency noise.

STOP PLATE TECTONICS!!! Your breakfast cereal is laced with special carbohydrates that allow secret government departments to control your mind...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215890#p215890:6gdvjib3 said:
mcgovern61 » 25 minutes ago[/url]":6gdvjib3]
"STOP PLATE TECTONICS!!! "

I'd like to see a protest group going around with that sign and bull horns! :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: Bring the sign and they will come :smilie_happy:

It's all bull shit ..it amazes me how humans think there bigger and smarter than the earth ...hmans habe come and gone it seems many times over LMAO..and a world wide tax ain't going to fix nothing ..no tax has ever fixed anything ever I. History

The earth will be here no matter what we do. We could do a full nuclear exchange, and life would survive. Maybe not human life, but some form of life.

But I do think we're building evidence that changing the levels of carbon dioxide changes the climate. And we may not have been the first creature to do so - the humble Azolla fresh water fern seems to have beat us to the punch - growing in a mostly landlocked, warm arctic ocean, with plenty of nutrients, taking carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and sinking to the ocean floor, locking it away in a layer that ends up being tens of feet thick. The atmospheric carbon dioxide dropped to a fraction of its previous level, and ice sheets formed in the polar regions as earth's temperature plunged.

I don't think global warming is a scam. Some of the proposed solutions may be, and some people may be using it for their own agenda, but the science seems generally sound to me.

Just my $.02.

I’ve not seen any science. I’ve seen data, and a conclusion. No support of the conclusion. That’s not science. Ask for information about how the data has been collected and you get buried in reports. I have queried a few “experts” as to whether weather data (it’s right) has been compared to non-city collected data over the years. The answer was that it has not.

I observe at least one degree Celsius difference and often much more difference in the temperature reporting stations here in Winterpeg. The last few days it has been as much as seven degrees Celsius difference. It is attributed to the heated mass of the many buildings and underground infrastructure and proximity of rivers to the downtown reporting station and open air of the prairie of the airport reporting station. I would expect most cities to reflect the same anomalies. In cities of warm climates, you’ve got constant release of heat from cooling systems. They’re going to be warmer. Fifty years ago it was no where near as great.
My reasoning says,” Duh—-uhhhh.”

The other “science” is the melting of parts of the poles. There’s no science, just data and observation, and then we’re told it’s from carbon. It’s a giant leap. It is not substantiated.

It’s walking like a duck, it’s quacking like a duck, maybe the scientists are ducks??? You can’t help but realize the money that is being pumped into this. I saw yesterday that Bezos of Amazon committed 10 billion to research. I’m sure people are lining up for that.

I also see many dollars being spent on "research". But the research being performed is based on fulfilling an agenda. "We have a theory, now, let the public pay billions to verify that our 'theory' is accurate with your research dollars."

More research should have been performed before they changed the laws about controlled burns and decided to "just let nature take it's course". Now we are seeing an unprecedented amount of wildfires in those same areas! Experts warned not to "let it go" natural.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215899#p215899:31bquhxu said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 pm[/url]":31bquhxu]
I also see many dollars being spent on "research". But the research being performed is based on fulfilling an agenda. "We have a theory, now, let the public pay billions to verify that our 'theory' is accurate with your research dollars."

More research should have been performed before they changed the laws about controlled burns and decided to "just let nature take it's course". Now we are seeing an unprecedented amount of wildfires in those same areas! Experts warned not to "let it go" natural.
Like the search for life on Mars? Saying that nitrogen is found in the soil does NOT indicate that microbes put it there.