KB's camper project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, It's been a year...a very busy year...and everything else got in front of my trailer project. So to take up the slack in progress I picked up this to use this season. A 1960 Apache tent camper to pull with my bikes. Empty weight 350lbs. Doulble bed on top and 7 x 7 side room
First trip will be next week, wish me luck!.

Attachments

• IMAGE063.jpg
    IMAGE063.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 178
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209838#p209838:3no5ncfy said:
mcgovern61 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 am[/url]":3no5ncfy]
That is nice! I love trailer camping. Just wish my body hadn't given up on riding long distances.

Thanks guys, I looked on craigslist on a whim and this came up an hour away. Its 350 lbs so I'm going to pull it with my trike for the first trip. The trike just got new disc brakes and I can't drop it so we should have a good time. Bunch of hours sewing patches on the canvas, a couple new tires and wires, so I hope we're ready for weather. Going to cowans gap state park for a weekend.

Attachments

• 20180610_183800.jpg
    20180610_183800.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 164
I ran across this old thread and thought it should be updated. The Apache trailer was real nice...until the sun hit it! It has only two small windows so keeping it cool was a real problem. The other, bigger problem was aerodynamics, the trike has about 50hp and couldn't pull the trailer up the hills on the Pa turnpike at the speed limit, which I consider a safety hazzard. So the Apache got sold to a guy with a wing with a sidecar! I replaced it with a Leesurelite cycle model. Took a year to find a used one in Ohio, but I couldn't be happier. It pulls like a dream with my 83 aspy, sets up in 2 minutes, and tears down in the rain without getting your gear wet. Win,Win!

Attachments

• Aspy and LL.jpg.jpg
    Aspy and LL.jpg.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 177
  • LSRLTEsmall (1).jpg
    LSRLTEsmall (1).jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 137