Keys

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike in idaho

Reaction score
I have this nice set of '83 saddlebags and no keys for them. Does anybody know a good source for cutting new ones? I've trolled thru e-bay a bit already.
BTW, my lock code is A31, just in case somebody has an odd spare key lying around.

I guess your ignition key isn't the same, eh? Any locksmith should be able to make a key. The key(s) for my '81 are the same blanks as used for Honda cars of the era. :mrgreen:

If the locks are the simple barrel and hook like on my vetter bags maybe consider just replacing the lock...they are available at just about any hardware store and are pretty inexpensive.

mike in idaho":mxctzeed said:
The nearest locksmith is in a town 50 miles away and he doesn't work weekends. I was hoping for a solution that wouldn't cost me a day's wages.

US Postal Service are not that fast but very cheap v a days pay :read:

So for anyboby any where in the world including people who just Goggle "locks - motorcycle" what was the key code for your bike again :smilie_happy:

If your ignition key will physically fit in the saddlebag locks, they are easy to disassemble and re-key to work with your ignition key.

Or..take the barrel off..remove the little springs and lock sets and the lock will work with any key..that fits in or a screw driver..no one will know but you..

Got some keys made (thanks to one of the listers here), used this number, off the back of the lock:
locks003.jpg

This is actually the easiest place on the motorcycle to access the key code, unscrew 4 8mm nuts on the back of the saddlebag lock and there it is.

Latest posts