Littlebeaver's Den

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
I am always thinking, I know I know that's funny.... :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I think differently than most, that's not always a good thing but I try to make things easy on myself,,, I'm always going on long trips on my Ginger.....I have come up with something I call Littlebeaver's Den, see there are times when there are some bad thunderstorms that come up on you and you need shelter at like a rest area....So I created shelter right on my cycle...I took two of those extendable tent post thingy's and a couple of wooden dowels and a few bungy cords, I can put my legs up above the fairing next to the shield and lay back with a pillow and sleep right there on the road at a rest area..And stay dry if it's storming.. I like my design...Simple and fast... :hihihi: How's that for being a Nomad...

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

I do have a tent too but this is for the rest area's, I can also change my my clothes just standing right next to the bike...... :shock:

I thought this was so wild that,,,,Well I had no idea where to put it...I bet I stay dry...

You ain't right, Beav....you just ain't right.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
That is pretty dang clever... :good: :yes:

:shock: :shock: :shock: If I ever open a resturant I'd call it, Littlebeavers Den .... Did you know that my contraption is hurricane proof :shock: :shock: :smilie_happy: Don't know how hail proof it would be I guess as long as I have my helmet I'd be ok... :shock: No really, I was shocked that one bungy on the front goes thru the center eye and when you pull the tarp equally together the next two eyes fit it perfectly so one bungy holds all three eyes in the front and in the back, wow that worked out perfectly, and just tie off the rear left side and you can bungy the right side once you are inside you Den....All I need now is a interior light and a TV.. :shock: And running water.. :shock:

Nice, beav!
Now if you could turn the trunk around to open from the inside, there you'd have a wet bar and vanity mirror w/light. Or add a stove pipe and turn it into a habatchi grill.:builder:

Show us the satalite dish and flat screen. :popcorn: :smilie_happy:

littlebeaver":3szq9vfy said:
....All I need now is a interior light and a TV.. :shock: And running water.. :shock:

I musta missed that before....Beave.....uh...iffin you gots the shelter UP....wouldn't it be RAINING? You got runnin water all around ya!! Just stick a cup out the side..... :Doh2:
:smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

All fun aside, I would think you might need to incorporate some reflective tape on the cover somewhere(front/rear/sides). If yer sittin in a rest area, or on the side of the road somewhere with that thing up, it's gunna be hard for anyone to see/notice it in the rain....especially if it's camouflaged....
And...in your part o Texas, you might get mistaken for a big ol deer.....
smiley-character00110.gif
:shock: :shock:

I guess I was just bored, by the time its all set up I'd be soaked :smilie_happy: duh kinda dumb

Tory, I just place the rods back in the plastic package that they came in and tie them both to the top of the lightbar on the right side of the bike, the dowels fit in the bags as well... The tarp just ties off on the rear rack...I carry a bag just like you have there in you're photograph on the passenger seat.. Makes a Sweet backrest.. I almost fell asleep my last trip.. :clapping:

Unfortunately, beave uploaded the pics as attachments....they're not in his Gallery album. He recently left the forum, and probably moved the pics. What he had was basically a tent that he could set up over the top of the bike. It was kinda neat.