Louder exhaust

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not a fan of louder exhaust, quieter the better for me but one I did hear I liked was the system our member Joedrum has. Maybe he’ll see this thread and post what he has.

I had a Delvic exhaust on the '78 I rescued last year. Beautiful chrome. The present owner loves the sound. Me, not so much. The GoldWing engines don't lend themselves to throaty exhaust note, and they don't sound like a Porshe no matter what some claim. Just a four-banger designed to be quiet.

I have both. My 84 Standard has the stock exhaust so it is quiet. The 87 Interstate has a set of mufflers on that has the baffles removed. If it a little louder and gives it a nice sound, but if I am riding it for a long distance, it gets old in a hurry and I wind up wearing ear plugs. Someday I will find a good used muffler that isn't made of gold and change it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222196#p222196:527dxaqi said:
dan filipi » Wed May 19, 2021 8:06 am[/url]":527dxaqi]
I’m not a fan of louder exhaust, quieter the better for me but one I did hear I liked was the system our member Joedrum has. Maybe he’ll see this thread and post what he has.

Hmmmm I have no clue what my.exhaust system is ... I can't remember ....not even sure where I got it ...LOLD

This has probably been posted a bunch of times can you make the exhaust louder and what does it sound like
If you cut the exhaust tips off the 84-87 Goldwings it will produce a Hybusa form of sound and growl

Attachments

• 0809201820a-1.jpg
    0809201820a-1.jpg
    828 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts