Love my Vetter gear

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
When I went for my ride last Thursday and tackled the rough stuff I decided that I needed to come up with complete spares for my Vetter Equipment in case I damaged them. I have needed a good rh front blinker and a new screen ever since I have owned the Rats Nest. Even though I had managed to pick up a new to me fairing it was missing the headlight assembly and a windscreen. I had been watching this ebay listing from a local bike importer for a while and decided to go and check them out today.
I did a deal for $200 for the pair, which is not a lot of money in AUD even though most people give this stuff away. There is just not that much of it down here. I had to remove the screen and some racking in my ute canopy to squeeze them both in. The screen came home in the passenger seat which also came with good nylon fixings and the vents which are fairly ordinary.
Had to really squeeze them in. :yes:
Can’t hardly see them
From the rear tailgate
They don’t look too bad and the one without a screen has dodgy running lights and air horns. :smilie_happy:

I have a WJ III in my garage attic that I hope to one day put to use. there are a couple of others up there as well, but the older fairings have a little more character for me.

It’s amazing how similar they look but their are subtle differences. The one that had the screen on is the one on the left and it has s smaller headlight adjusting knob, Vetter logo on top of dash and side reflectors. The one with the air horns is similar to the one on the Rats Nest.

Latest posts