LTD OWNER a Canadian living in California

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grand rouge

Reaction score
Just a quick hello.

A big shout out to Ernest ........... Rednaxs60. He told me of this great site. Thank you!

I have an 85 LTD. Purchased in January 2016 from my brother in law (he owned it for 8 years or so) my original intent was to locate the source of some oil leaks, clean the thing up a bit then sell...quickly.
Nearly 3 years later, easily a couple of hundred hours of my labor .....lovingly performed...and $1,500 (on the books) invested, my GL1200L is really a fabulous machine in all ways. Because the primary color of the LTD is Sunflash Gold Metallic...... my LTD is named FLASH.

From front to rear and darn near everywhere in between, parts and fluids have been changed out, cleaned, serviced etc. as required. All maintenance is up to date, all chrome sparkles, paint shines beautifully, bearings and splines and bushings and belts and fluids and filters and master and slave cylinders and calipers ...sheesh......got it covered. The pesky connectors related to the charging system have been sorted out and....again.....a huge shout out and thank you to Rednaxs60 a Shindengen SH847 "series style" Regulator / Rectifier was installed in place of the marginal OE Shunt style R R. Result is: Original Stator will not be fried anytime soon......

Short story is this: Amazing motorcycle. My third Gold Wing. Purchased my first on in September 1979.... At 32, my first motorcylce! Brand new GL1000. Dressed in Vetter Gear. Purchased a new Interstate...May 1980. Thing 'spit me off' in August of that year.... Manning Park B.C. For another time...

I am 71. I am a Canadian. Spent most of my (younger) adult life in Vancouver. Since 1990, I have spent most of my years in California.... Green Card... Moved here for the sunshine and reliability...mostly... of weather reports that, when sunshine was advertised....it showed up...and seldom in liquid form. A mixed blessing for sure.

I will get some current pictures together and upload as well....so this thread will not be.....useless ;-)

Attachments

• WP_20170806_10_48_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170806_10_48_14_Pro.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 127
  • WP_20160918_15_19_41_Pro (1).jpg
    WP_20160918_15_19_41_Pro (1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 125
  • WP_20170809_12_24_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170809_12_24_00_Pro.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 124
You know....with all of the ways we can transport ourselves across or above the earth.....perhaps those of us who ride motorcycles experience more of the magic of friendship, human interest, a wonderful curiosity, and a willingness to be of assistance to each other.

Good to be here...... thanks for the welcome. And...I will 'get to work.' I promise

Latest posts