Master cylinder rebuilds

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gc33

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Just in process of rebuilding my master cylinders. Both front and rear. I had heard of of a place here in Perth western Australia doing what are called ezy sleeves. Ezysleeves are stainless sleeves and guaranteed for lifetime. Wasn't cheap to have done ($238aus) but considering finding a rear is like winning the lottery. I have yet to pick them up but the turnaround was quick as.. Put them in yesterday... Ready today. I had to supply the rebuild kits which I got from brake crafters.
Not sure you guys know about this option but if you are trying to get yours rebuilt maybe worth following up.
Stay tuned, I'll post up pics tomorrow for yas when I get them home...

Pics... The guys re-assembled them so I've had to dis-assemble them to show the sleeves. The front cylinder is a bit more tricky for me to get apart at present without right tools but you can see by looking at rear master of what they have done.

Attachments

• 20200501_123703.jpg
    20200501_123703.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20200501_124539.jpg
    20200501_124539.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217018#p217018:aunzva0b said:
desertrefugee » 54 minutes ago[/url]":aunzva0b]
Nice for a restoration, but danged pricey. If I just wanted working brakes, I'd source an alternate master cylinder - it'd be a lot cheaper.
Yeah ya not wrong bro... But at what price is love hey haha.
I've already spent more on the frame than most of you guys on a whole bike. But I'm in Australia where we can't seem to get hold of reasonable priced parts and that's only if they are available.
I've spent near on $900 aus just on the brakes and that's not including lines which is next step. HEL lines here in Oz probably set me back $300.
Our exchange rate here is shite and then the shipping kills it as well in some cases more than the part...

And since I started my project I've seen a couple of 1100 Aspencade and 1200 aspencades go begging :-{

Used to have a really good brake mob over here in Wynnum that inserted stainless sleeves into all our rebuilt cylinders and they were excellent. Much better than original and especially better than all the cheap Chinese and Indian replacements.

Latest posts