My 1st. Goldwing...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowrider Bud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a day trip yesterday with my pickup and got home last night with a '75 GL1000 Project Bike in the back of it. No brakes, carbs are in a box, pretty rough condition, been setting since 2007. This is my first Wing but not my first restoration. Over the past 5 years I restored a 1974 CB750-K and a 1978 CB750-F. Sold the SuperSport and got this GL.

I have no idea what I'm getting into. I hope this forum will provide some direction as I need it, and from reading other post, I'm sure I've come to the right place.

I'll post some pictures when I get it out of the truck.

Looking forward to a fun and rewarding vintage Honda.

Later, Bud...

I'm interested in your courthouse tour. There are some really classy old courthouses out there. Decatur, Weatherford, LaGrange and many more I haven't seen.

Then there are the newer ones....................................................

If you want this as a solo tour completely understand. If you would like some submissions from other folks I would be happy to help up here in the Panhandle.

Welcome to the forum. Courthouse tour? Have seen bathroom reading books that have outhouses as topic, front porches and such. One on the old courthouses would be interesting.

Many THANKS to all the Welcome Replies. A couple sure had good references for where I am with this bike :thanks: .

Well, I got it off the truck with the help of a couple of younger stronger friends. It rained for three days after I got the bike and the bike did not have brakes (front or back). So, it was a handful, but now it sets on my lift in the garage. I took some pictures and need to upload from camera so I can post them. Might start a thread to show my progress or frustrations. Also, for questions when I need help.

Here's what I know about the bike right now:
It has not been on the road since 2007.
The person I bought it from was helping the owner with some of the attempted repairs and storing the bike for the past couple of years.
The brakes were supposedly rebuilt, but fluid was never added.
The carbs were rebuilt, but leaked when installed. As I examined them on the workbench I discovered they are 1981 carbs.

1st question; How does the gas get to carbs on the opposite side from the fuel inlet?

Hope everyone has a very nice Holiday. Later, Bud...