My Old Wing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlander

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a poem, just a look inside a personal relationship between a motorcycle and it's owner. No, I'm not crazy, my doctor just had me tested. Seriously !! lol

My Old Wing

Suzy Q
1986 GL 1200 Aspencade

5/17/2013

She has been perched on the lift patiently waiting for months,
knowing that eventually I will have fixed her good as new.
We’re both antiques so the pace has not been fast.

We have eliminated the word “Hurry” from our vocabulary and have adapted quality instead of quantity to our work ethic. It’s more enjoyable and less stress for the both of us.

On the outside she’s like an elderly sophisticated lady, yet
young and spirited at heart.
She’s never afraid to let her hair down
to show the younger generation what she’s made of.

Always reliable and trustworthy
Many times hurt or damaged but she has always managed to get us home, proving that she will always be in it for the long haul.

She’s easy on the eyes, takes care of my body while she slips through the air, easing my mind by
Listening intently to all my problems,
Never judging me or trying to change who I am.

She purrs while rolling over the rural back roads, taking me to where I can find the silence I need, away from the sounds and the drama of civilization.
Letting me feel a sense of freedom and peace as the wind blows through my hair.

We share the same attitude, if you like us, great, if not, well we hate it but we’re not going to change, it is what it is, we’re just simple folk. She proudly displays her dings and scratches as badges of experience, as I do with my scars, wrinkled and weathered skin and the holes in my old worn but comfortable overalls. We are not here to impress anyone and we have nothing to prove, our age says it all, we are survivors.

Together, we turn the page that begins another day and ride on, awaiting whatever adventures come to us.

By backlander (Mike Starnes)

Latest posts