my wing is done

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock42

Supporting Member
Reaction score
for those that have helped me on getting my wing back on the rode i want to say thank you and u know who u r. i want to thank aapple for the picture of the filter i got one today and new fuel lines. filled tank with fuel and in 30 seconds she fired up and is running great with my new filter and lines and of course the new carbueters. will take it for a run in a day or two want to be sure everything is tight and all is good. will let u all know how it goes. and again thanks for all the help its good to have her back. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Congratulations!! Just in time to work the kinks out before prime riding season!

Mark

What ~O~ said

:music2: :music2: :music2: :music2: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :music2: :music2: :music2: :music2:

:yahoo: :party: :Egyptian:
Get ready for some time time! :moped: And yes..we gotta see some pics! :beg:

after my first test ride i will try to send pictures, however i really don't know how to go about putting pictures on here. i know someone explained it once but not sure where to go look for it. and thanks for all those that replied back nice to know all were there for me in this endever.

ok, just took wing out for first run. ran good through all the gears and up to 50 mph after that when i give it throttle it boogs down. throttled slowly up to 70mph but runs rough and not much power, still boogs down. so back to the drawing board, i know for sure it is not the carbs so must be in ign or timing.

I had a similar problem under load in high gear, turned out to be running too rich on one cylinder....back into the carbs.
How I figured it wasn't ignition is it would run fine all the way to redline in the lower gears but when holding the brakes it would bog past a certain throttle.
Problem turned out to be a flakey float needle not closing at the correct level.

Latest posts