New and Proud Goldwing owner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Bike Models
GL1000
Hi everyone. I have recently become the inheritor of some very special Honda Gold Wings. My late Father in law (you know him as AussieGold) honored me by leaving his beloved Gold Wings in my care when he passed. I would like to finish what he started by completing his final build of a 1976 GL1000 LTD. I have no doubt that I will be bombarding you all with how to questions and be a regular visitor of this forum reading all I can about these bikes. I look forward to talking to you and will provide plenty of photos and updates throughout the build. My current GW mechanical knowledge extends as far as being able to open the glove compartment to access the fuel filler cap. I hope to increase this knowledge greatly with your expert advice and my technical mind (and probable a lot of trial and error). Thanks

Great to see that you have joined this great forum. Here is a picture of Maurice on his 75 with my Valkyrie at my local Maccas.
1642591971197.jpeg

Welcome. Thank you for joining and keeping AussieGold's legacy alive.

Welcome to the site! I am glad to see you here and taking on your Dad's bikes. I am sorry for your loss, your Dad will surely be missed around here. He brought quite a bit of excitement and great stories. We are here to help you keeping those bikes up and running. If you need any help, do not hesitate to ask! There are no dumb questions or assumption here.

Welcome to the asylum :)
These are great motorcycles.
That seem to go on forever.
With just basic maintenance

Was sorry to read of Maurice's passing recently. You and your family have my deepest regards and sympathies. It is heartwarming to see that you are picking up where he left off with courage and enthusiasm! My late Uncle passed his passion of motorcycles to me when I was 5 years old, and then his 67 Honda when I was 17. His passion is something I will always be grateful for. I truly believe our loved ones live on in their good deeds, and in our hearts.