New gl1200 owner - hello

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romans8

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1986 GL1200SEi
Hi, I am a long time motorcyclist, but this is my first time with a Goldwing. I’ve had standard, sport, and dual sport bikes in the past, but have always admired the goldwings in one way or another over the years. I’ve always been a budget biker too. This Goldwing I recently picked up is no different. In fact, it may be my most budget friendly motorcycle yet. That remains to be seen haha.

Anyway, my last bike was stolen so I’ve been without one for a while. Happened across this Goldwing for a great price. It wasn’t running of course and had been sitting for a while. I ended up negotiating to $350.

Had it running the day after I got it home. Just needed a battery and the fuel valve opened up.

Cosmetically it’s a bit rough, but it doesn’t need to be pristine to ride. I’ve enjoyed several hundred miles and have already received some great help and advice here on this forum. Thanks!

Attachments

• 7644D50E-B84C-4257-9C64-8C36210C7228.jpeg
    7644D50E-B84C-4257-9C64-8C36210C7228.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
Srry to hear about stolen bike. Did insurance cover it? And ..was wife on it? Wish mine was. Seriously tho..did insurance pay u full value?

The stolen bike was a Honda xr650l dual sport. I only paid 2k for it so I didn’t have comprehensive insurance on it. Just liability… so insurance didn’t cover anything. It was just a straight up loss!

And yes, as was stated, the Goldwing is an 86 aspencade SEi.

I didn’t know they even had fuel injection in bikes back then!