New Here

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlytops

Reaction score
My Bike Models
Gl 1200 SEI Gl 1800
Hi
Just saying hello, Ive just purchased a 1200 SEI Aspencade which has a problem or 2, but hopefully with all your help I can sort it out!
IMG_7122.jpg

Rednaxs60 has a couple of that model and may know more about them than anyone else on the planet. You'd be hard pressed to come up with an issue he couldn't guide you with. Welcome and good luck, Dave.

Welcome and I do like the older '85/'86 fuel injected models. D-50Dave is too kind. That is one good looking bike.

Best advice is to get a copy of the OEM service manual, electrical troubleshooting manual and the supplement. Bike and Dennis on the Steve Saunders forum mentioned that he wouldn't take one of these out of his garage without these - I agree 100%. These are different from the carbureted models.

Cheers

Did you know Honda did the same thing with the 85 Accord, making a onetime EFI edition that year alone. I'm pretty sure they wanted to test their EFI development in cars and bikes on a limited basis before they went into full EFI production towards the end of the decade. If that was their strategy, it really seemed to have paid off well for them.

Did you know Honda did the same thing with the 85 Accord, making a onetime EFI edition that year alone. I'm pretty sure they wanted to test their EFI development in cars and bikes on a limited basis before they went into full EFI production towards the end of the decade. If that was their strategy, it really seemed to have paid off well for them.
Have mentioned in jest that the '85 and '86 FI models were a Honda Civic on two wheels. Lots of FI parts are interchangeable.

Curlytops is going to enjoy the SE-i