New Member Introduction

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbo

Reaction score
I’m a new GoldWing’er, I’m starting with a 1983 Gl1100I. Fell in love with the way this machine runs and drives. I’m originally from South Louisiana. Now living in Indianapolis, IN.
I’m going to need a lot of help. I really need a pdf or copy of a complete service manual. I’m going to need to find many parts, as I want this old Wing to purr properly. So far I’ve rebuilt all 3 calipers n replaced all pads. I’ve changed all fluids, plugs, air filter. It seems to be running fine. Good power. Carbs seem ok. Next on my list, timing belts, and valve adjustment. I’d like to replace the valve guide stem seals and cam seals at a later date. I’ll need a manual and some advice for that. I’ve ordered and received a set of progressive fork springs and rear shocks, so that’s next. I’ve a long way to go. I want to make this old girl something to be proud of. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to all of the advice I know you guys’ll help me with.

Attachments

• E5D80AA8-8B9A-4794-A83E-F133F8B80940.jpeg
    E5D80AA8-8B9A-4794-A83E-F133F8B80940.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 147
Welcome! That is some pretty motorbike. Stem seals are not very hard. You can actually do them without head removal by feeding a rope in through the spark plug hole and rotating the piston onto it to keep the valves closed while you take off springs and swap in new stem seals. One thing you learn on these old girls, however - don't do service unless needed. Stem seals usually are done while the head is off (usually for a headgasket leak). Cam seals the same, don't replace unless leaking. The timing belts should be done ASAP however. You can get them from Amazon.

Thanks for the welcome guys, will check out the Manuel’s. Looking forward to this site. Will hold off on the stem seals and cam seals. No signs of any leaks. Just figured at 100k miles, I should do everything possible to keep this old girl tip top.

Welcome from VA. It's a Honda, & that's all it takes to have pride in a bike, lol! From my oldest, and my smallest, to my largest, or my fastest, I have loved every Honda bike I have ever owned! (over 100 of them) -Graves-

Latest posts