New to Site

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magonsterz!

Reaction score
SoCal rider 1st time Wing Junkie thanks to friend having two, blowing one up and giving to me knowing good and well i can't let shit be.....dammit!...lots of hours and greenback later im the proud owner of 79 GL with the heart of a 75 long block.
Have yet to hit the road as still in the final shake down part of going through the scooter.
Replaced long block, which led to radiator job then to harness detail clean up, updated dyna ignition is spot on, onto gauges, sending units, was able to put self reconditioned fuel sending unit in along with new 7v reg and all is well for what its worth......busted knuckles and thinner wallet i see light at end of the tunnel.
All fluids flushed and replaced down to the oz, Cables rerouted and are butter smooth, Clutch / choke / throttle set to specs.
Dogbone is gone in lieu of mini 30 amp modern fuse and holder, silver soldered stator wires to remove melted plug, battery reads 12.8 and 11.7 v at the starter when rolling over cold, 13.8 v charging at 1100 rpm idle (haven't synced set yet).
Fan come on at 175 ish, tail light switch on to the touch of the pedal, brakes flushed and are firm, going to clean up plug boot resistor contacts for good measure.
The more i read the more i seem to find stuff to do regardless if needed due to preventative measures, "killing me smalls"! :doh:
She is up on the rack and will light on first half roll every time, 4 pod sync tool showed up so looking forward making sure flow is set i can tell she is running fat right now.
Happy to join the masses of Classic Wings.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219026#p219026:3d4aj1d9 said:
pidjones » Yesterday- 16:45[/url]":3d4aj1d9]
Welcome! Did you include the carbs with that 75? If you have 75 heads and cams, it really needs 75 carbs.

Unfortunately no, utilizing the 79 carb stack and manifold assembly that was originally on the bike as prior to engine grenading carbs function was reliable.
However I am on the lookout for a 755A carb set up to refurbish as im pretty handy with the steel.
As i understand it, with current set up ill lose some top end performance but at least wont have low speed stumble as 755 are prone to without jet mod.

On that note any carb guru out there have any set up tips regarding lean or fat recommendations for 79 carb set up on 76 head and cam application?

Currently have great sync instructions off Randakk's site its just not specific for my current set up.

Thanks all for the welcome,
"over"

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219025#p219025:2idqsh04 said:
Dadster » Yesterday- 16:22[/url]":2idqsh04]
Welcome to the forum. Got pics?
slow day at the office this morning going to attempt to load a couple, thx

IMG_0060.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 141
  • at the track.jpg
    at the track.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 128
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219039#p219039:3skjsnwq said:
mcgovern61 » 32 minutes ago[/url]":3skjsnwq]
Nice bike! Welcome to the site from New Jersey!
thx Jersey