Newb from Maine

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driven

Reaction score
Just picked up an 81 GL1100 today for $200 cash plus a pneumatic finish nailer! Not running but in very good condition and not a lot needed to put it on the road. I'm an mx racer but hung up my boots in favor of the blacktop. Can't wait to begin the project and I'm sure I'll wear out my welcome here!

Welcome new friend.Lots of help here for getting your new baby roadworthy. I hope you have a nice warm place to work. Long winters there.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Driven!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Don't worry about "wearing out your welcome" here...this group LOVES helping others! We do need pics, tho...gotta have pics! :beg: :mrgreen:

Guess I have to make a few more posts before I can link a pic. I'll be back!

Driven":12unk5bv said:
Guess I have to make a few more posts before I can link a pic. I'll be back!
Or you can put pics in the gallery and use the first link code.

I'm in Hampden, just south of Bangor. Last stop before the end of civilization! Ha...

Thanks, I find Photobucket really easy to use so I'll just wait. I will eventually make a gallery as I plan to document this one (for once). I've done lots of sleds and dirtbikes but always forget to photograph the progress.

Here's the beast!
image.jpg

nice bike.... a great starting point that came to you ...looks like some hidelight work and turn signals common vetter thing ....take timing covers off ...take plugs out ...apray lube and use crank bolt clockwise to try and free it ...maybe a little back and forth ...might be free as can be....dont move fast and ck to see if its timed right

Everything is there for the headlight to be installed. Just not sure i want to go with a stock unit. The motor is already free and has spark, just needs a starter rebuild or replace. It's a lot closer to being road worthy than I thought. I will probably still pull the motor just to make sure everything is good. I have all winter...

welcome to the forums - nice looking project ya got there - HOW IS THE WEATHER how you holding up

We're ready for it, but nothing going on really, just a little drizzle and a breeze. We're about 100 miles inland so hopefully it won't be too brutal. How about you? Is it supposed to make it that far?

we are getting a lot of wind and rain but nothing like you guys (blew my portable garage into the creek and both bikes blew over)

i would stick with stock stuff first on lights ...you can always change later ...if its there use it complete standards are not that easy get ..it may grow on you the look ...it did for me on the 82 i have thats all standard nakid

Latest posts