Nuts & Bolts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atticka

Reaction score
If I wanted to general nut and bolt kit just to have the hardware on hand, what sizes should I get that covers most of the GL1100 needs?

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to re-use all the old hardware on a custom build and the old bolts simply don't accommodate some of the new hardware I'm installing.

So far I'm looking at this kit
https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Detai ... oduct=7539

This kit includes 6MM, 8MM, 10MM bolts in a number of lengths and the corresponding nuts and washers. Would you add anything to this for a more complete kit?

Another option is that sellers on ebay frequently put lots up for auction or buy it now with all or some of the bolts they have after stripping a bike, some are too much others are reasonable just have to search.
The advantage of that is that there are many special sizes and types in these lots and when you need one you wont have to go out searching.

Those sizes you said should be a good starter for most things. A similar kit I picked up, can't remember where though sorry.
For others not in the kit, Lowe's here has a pretty good nuts and bolts section.

Latest posts