Oh Man... what is it now?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansmanbo

Reaction score
GL1000 been running great, then went to hell. 200 miles on carb rebuild, valve adjust, new timeing belts, and new ignition. Thought maybe fuel filter... nope. Notched gasket on fuel cap... nope. Petcock?.... nope, drained tank and blew in air, seems ok. Got fire at all 4 plugs. Opened ingition and all seems still tight so it didnt move... did i miss something? Help.... :head bang:

was running good then started backfiring and not wanting to build rpms. Felt like a fuel filter clogged. Checked all that stuff but still wont pull right.

Isn't the 1000's on the point system? sure sounds like you have an ignition issue..

When you start the bike feel the the intake manifold pipes to see if they all get the same warmth as the bike warms up, if they are not getting hot at the same time maybe a float is sticking, just hit the float bowl with a back of screwdriver's handle...Just a suggestion... Maybe you have bad spark ignitors?

I had similar issues. It was carb sync. Turned out I had one bad gauge in the set of four. As a result one carb was grossly out of sync. Once I figured out the gauge was bad and did the sync with two gauges it runs like never before. Even idles cold and it has never done that for me.

Benny

Latest posts