Oil leaking from water pump weep hole

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donniebnd

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1978 GL 1000
1999 GL 1500
Today while on the lift I noticed some oil on my lift table, after a closer look I believe its coming from the little weep hole just below the water pump. What can a do to stop this leak? It isn't leaking bad but I would like to stop it completely.

Not too many ways to stop it short of replacing a bad pump. You can check the pump by draining the antifreeze, pulling the hose and cover off the pump and wiggle the impeller. If it moves side to side at all, the pump is shot. That can cause water into your oil if you find the shaft is loose. You can also ride for quite some time before it becomes real problem. The oil seal alone is not replaceable without replacing the pump.

Mine started doing that too, Funny if I go for a ride it stays dry only when I shut it off and let it sit for a few hours. I thought it could be the oring and seal where the shaft of the pump slips into the block but if you go that far might as well replace the pump too, till then riding and saving.
Pic 75 of this tutorial
https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275

Latest posts