Oil pressure gauge

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derrick woods

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Gl1000
Does anyone run an aftermarket oil pressure gauge if so what kind and are you hooking it to the main oil galley or where the pressure switch is at I'm looking to put one on my wing preferably an analog

There are lots of gauges available. I recommend going with an electrical analog gauge rather than a mechanical OP gauge with the plastic tube. The plastic tubes are not U/V protected and they crack after sun exposure. With the oil pressure at 35-40 lbs at highway speed, it can become a real mess real fast. The sender can be added to where the current oil pressure light sender is using a tee. I added an oil pressure switch to mine to switch off a relay to my headlight to keep it off when the engine was not running. This was done after I did a complete rebuild of the wire harness and built a modern fuse/relay panel for the bike with additional wires and relays.

IMG_1091.JPG

Oil Switch 003.jpg

Last edited:
There are lots of gauges available. I recommend going with an electrical analog gauge rather than a mechanical OP gauge with the plastic tube. The plastic tubes are not U/V protected and they crack after sun exposure. With the oil pressure at 35-40 lbs at highway speed, it can become a real mess real fast. The sender can be added to where the current oil pressure light sender is using a tee. I added an oil pressure switch to mine to switch off a relay to my headlight to keep it off when the engine was not running. This was done after I did a complete rebuild of the wire harness and built a modern fuse/relay panel for the bike with additional wires and relays.

View attachment 49442

View attachment 49440
Do you know the thread pitch

Latest posts