Ordered new Road Sofa today.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to us.The wife and I decided on a new seat for christmas this year.

I ordered a saddlemen road sofa today.
It'll be charcoal in color,include a drivers backrest and passenger pad/cover,as well as having the gell inserts in both front and back.Decided against leather for price reasons,and velour for weather reasons.

It all started by shopping for gel pads and butt buffers,and domino'd from there.I though I better quick order something before I ended up with a 800.00 dollar diamond or hartco! :head bang:

I hope we like it,the stock seat has always left a bit to be desired for my old butt.And the wife would definatly like something more suportive and wider...

Tory":2jj8u4gl said:
I thought I better quick order something before I ended up with a 800.00 dollar diamond or hartco!
$800? Holy Roflcopters, some people have way too much money to burn. :lol: Stop worrying, you made several excellent choices: Saddleman, no velor(gross), no leather.

~O~

We have one on our GL1500 and absolutely LOVE it! Extremely comfortable for both rider and passenger. I can go hours and hours with no discomfort.

I have an older Road Sofa and recently installed a drivers backrest:

Attachments

• MVC-535F.JPG
    MVC-535F.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Seat 1.JPG
    Seat 1.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 243
When going to Randakks Rally this year I had a tube style bag that was attached to my back seat which provided me a lot of back support. Now I'm thinking about getting a back support for my seat. Like yours but with my modified stock seat I may have to get creative. :idea:

I bought their cheaper seat earlier this year and I have really liked it. I bet the roadsofa is fantastic.

Tory":3acq0qmk said:
Merry Christmas to us.The wife and I decided on a new seat for christmas this year.

I ordered a saddlemen road sofa today.
It'll be charcoal in color,include a drivers backrest and passenger pad/cover,as well as having the gell inserts in both front and back. Decided against leather for price reasons,and velour for weather reasons.

Have you received the new seat yet ... need pics.

Neil":2cz1uhd7 said:
Tory":2cz1uhd7 said:
Not yet,it is being made to order,they told me about 4-5 weeks.

At least the seat will be a fresh one :builder:

And nobody but you broke it in :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Had a friend that talked about getting his car of choice and nobody but him breaking the seat in..

The new seat showed up yesterday.Looks good,quit a bit wider than the stock one,and the misses seat looks much nicer.(thats the important part.)

Attachments

• trailor and plate 004.JPG
    trailor and plate 004.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 204
  • trailor and plate 006.JPG
    trailor and plate 006.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 207
  • trailor and plate 007.JPG
    trailor and plate 007.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 206
  • trailor and plate 008.JPG
    trailor and plate 008.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 208
My seat is coming apart really bad so instead of getting it recoverd, I think im gonna get one of those instead
Looks very comfy :clapping: :clapping:

I bought my backrest from a member here that sold it because it wouldn't fit around the larger seat like this. I'd love to have a sweet butt cushion like a Road Sofa, but I also like the folding backrest I have. I see the Sofa has a built in backrest, that, I assume, just slides on/off. How does that work? Is the seat that sturdy that it can have a bracket for the b-rest to fit into without flexing? And, does the bracketry for that create a "hard spot" for the passenger? Is the b-rest adjustable up/down fwd/backward?
Inquiring minds want to know! :?

I have just installed a Rode sofa backrest and the bracket that is built into the seat is really strong. The b-rest folds forward for the passenger to get off and it is adjustable forward, backward by thumbscrews.

Latest posts