Pappa Whellie

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DemonRider

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 GL 1100 Cafe Racer
Not that I'm a stunt driver..I've had at least 7 different bikes since I was 18..I actually got my Motorcycle License before my actual car License. But my Bike is a Gl 1100 ..82. What's is the top speed guys? I purchased late this summer so won't be on road till spring 23...engine just massive..lol...love the bike..but just how fast are they? I know there is tons of stuff on line...but really want to know from folks on our site. Is it possible to get front wheel of of ground? My second bike was a Honda Interceptor..my god ..just a rocket. Cam killer..couldn't keep it down half the time..I know I lighter..but..just curious..I'm 98% sure a gl front tire has never left ground lol. But u sure miss that ITSPE..it would do 100 km an hour from my garage to road lol...have a farm ..so 60 foot drive way lol..60 mph for our American friends ) Side note ( Go Bill's) football for our Canadian friends.

If u can't make NFL...always CFL..Or as we and them selves call it...part time job lol...lol. True tho

The 83 is geared a bit taller than the 82. 83 top speed is about 150. Now, I'm not saying they will reach 150 but that's what they would do if you could hit redline in 5th gear. I hit 119 on my 83 in 4th gear

drivetrain is more capable that chassis. sprints to 120ish, chassis sucks after that, makes you back off. if you want front tire off the ground, just stroke the throttle in first, band second. but you aint accomplishin anything. you are a kid. learn to ride first, then you can stunt a goldwing hahhhahahhahahahaha