Passenger armrest question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
For those of you with the passenger armrests on your 1500, is there supposed to be a rubber, or plastic "spacer/cushion" between the outside trim(that holds the armrest bracket to the trunk), or between the bracket and the trunk?? My armrest are kind loose up/down, and tend to rattle a bit on bumps. I ripped into it this past weekend and cannot tighten the bolts any tighter, since the outer trim piece bottoms out before the whole thing get tight. I tried to put some rubber washers in there, and it does tighten up, BUT...it also deforms the chrome trim around the trunk where the armrests bolt up. Imma thinkin there is supposed to be either a rubber gasket type thingy there, or possibly a hard plastic piece there. What say ye? (This is the only pic I have I can access to show the area at this time...)
armrest.jpg

I looked at the Showchrome install directions, and they do NOT show anything like what I think should be there...so...how the hell am I s'posed to tighten these things up so they don't flop up/down????

Latest posts