Read what the HD guys are saying about GW's! Funny as HE77!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olered67

Reaction score
I saw this posted on another Goldwing Forum and thought I would share it with you guys!

Funny stuff they are saying about our GW's!!! Grab a cold beverage of choice ...or TWO and have a look!!!
HDFORUMS.COM
Here is my favorite quote from the 12 pages that was there when I found it!

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

6. The expresso machine just finished.

5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

4. Was in a three-way conference call with stock broker and accessories dealer.

3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.

1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on the dashboard.

HD was always my preference, I suppose due to familiarity with the product. I had quit riding about 20 years ago and recently decided I was ready to thow my leg over the saddle again. But a new HD costs as much as real estate in some places. I don't want to get into huge monthly payments. My kid found an old Wing on craigslist and the price tag was tangible. I never in a million years pictured myself on a GoldWing. The feel of things took some getting used to, and started feeling better as I made little adjustments here and there. Even though the "thump" is missing, I am coming to terms that this is my bike now. Harley people appear to be a whole different breed than what they were 20 years ago. I'm not saying I wouldn't have a Harley if I had the money. I'm still putting my kids through school and a wife to maintain. But I went to the hdforums site, poked around a bit, and decided that I like the company here much better. I find that the people here and over at NGW are real. I'm not very impressed with the HD crowd I see these days. I don't have anything to prove anymore and prefer to hang with "folk".
:salute: Thank you guys for being here.

In reading over that thread it seems like even the die hard HD owners agree the GW is a far superior bike as far as reliability goes but lack style.
That is to say this is being said (mostly?) about the 1800.
I for one totally agree with this opinion.

The 1800 is a fantastic bike but lacks character, like comparing a Lexus and Mercedes.

Our older 4 cylinder GW's are a different breed I think.

I agree... The 1800 is lacking character and style, If i got one i would do to it what has been done to my bike, Then it would have character :music2:

I rode my neighbors 2006 GL 1800 and I was surprised that it didn't fill me with shock and awe! It did sit a little lower to the ground (which was good for my short legs) but the ride was not any smoother than my old '82.

I did like the hydraulic clutch and the power from the six, but I'm not ready to spend that kind of money just yet (not that I have it any way).

An interesting side note, my Hondaline bags held more cargo than his, but his was a tad bit quieter than mine! :smilie_happy:

The only wingers that never wave back to me are always riding a 1500 or 1800, and generally seem to be 60+ years of age. I just figure they think it's unwise to to let go of the grip while riding.

You know it's funny, I see Harleys riding with wings all the time, but you never see a wing riding with Harleys. My Harley buddy tells me a bout rides he's going on all time, when I ask If I can come he just says "no...it's a Harley thing," Harley ownership is turning him into a douche bag. :(

~O~

Omega Man":2taboyv9 said:
The only wingers that never wave back to me are always riding a 1500 or 1800, and generally seem to be 60+ years of age. I just figure they think it's unwise to to let go of the grip while riding.
Now, that's funny :smilie_happy:

Omega Man":2taboyv9 said:
You know it's funny, I see Harleys riding with wings all the time, but you never see a wing riding with Harleys. My Harley buddy tells me a bout rides he's going on all time, when I ask If I can come he just says "no...it's a Harley thing," Harley ownership is turning him into a douche bag. :(

~O~

Honestly, they don't want to be overshadowed by a bike that can make it past the nearest bar. :cheeky:

Latest posts