rear suspension squeak

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was doing my rear brakes, I replaced my sagging, original, air shocks for Progressive 416s. On the trial run (to get gas to store for the winter) the rear suspension squeaked as it moved. Will this go away by itself? (my go-to first thought for all problems) Did something need lubricating that I missed? Thanx, Dave

Man, your new build must be so "together" if you can hear a squeak from the rear and know that it's coming from the suspension.

I am super jealous, 'cause I just can't imagine mine coming out like that. But I am doing the best I can!

I thought I'd do a final update on the rear suspension. In my spring prep, I found that only one of the four mounting points could be got at without removing a lot of aftermarket chrome and saddlebags. I sprayed silicone at the other three and turned up the stereo. :music3: I have to say that between this and replacing the front springs a couple of years previous, the handling vastly improved. Its almost, how to say, sporty. A highly recommended upgrade. :good: Thanx for the help, Dave :thanks:

Latest posts