Repositioning Brake pedal for Floorboards

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've posted all of this before, buried in other threads. Thought I would consolidate them here.
I wanted to pass along a mod that was buried in the bike when I bought it in October 1989. It came with the Markland floor boards and the brake pedal was in the perfect position for them. I remember a while ago, another member mentioned that there was substantial interference with the pedal and floor boards when he went to install it, but I didn't give it much thought at the time. When I ordered a rebuild kit from BrakeCrafters, the rod was an inch shorter the the rod that came out. I got on the phone with a very helpful gentleman, with a british accent, who dug around and found that the rebuild kit for a 1987-88 Yamha FZR1000 had the rod that was on my bike.
DSC02489 (2).JPG

From left to right: Stock rod, old rod, FZR rod.
DSC02490.JPG

With the longer rod, plenty of clearance.
DSC01911 (1).JPG

The previous owner made a nice pedal mod that I'll throw in here, too. He added a small plate to mount a small rubber pad. The old one wore out and I replaced it recently with one off-the-shelf from the local auto parts store.
DSC01909 (1).JPG

DSC01910 (1).JPG

DSC01912 (1).JPG

DSC01913 (1).JPG