RIP Hunley?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Wondering what I should do with the cam halves?"

They need to be incorporated in an Objet d'Art....

I lost an oil seal, and melted down a set of MerCruiser upper drive gears three-and-something decades ago... I saved the gears, as they were quite literally stripped smooth. One day I was cleaning up my shop, and found them, I pushed the bearings off, put them together (in what WOULD have been their mating position) and hit it with a little electrified MIG wire. I still have 'em somewhere, should find a spot in my workshop wall and hang them... or make a lamp out of 'em or something...

Donated one half to the Time Warp Tea Room collection of motorcycle "stuff". Gave the head with melted center journal to a friend that recycles aluminum.

Have put few 40+ mile rides on her since the head replacement. Seems to be running great. Fuel economy could be better, but I'm really not wanting to mess with carbs now. Plugs look good and compression is good so I'll check for a brake drag (doesn't take much to kill mileage).

Time to put the little IR thermometer in my riding jacket pocket!

Latest posts