Show off your bike

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow ...it’s hard to argue with the DFT two barrel progressive carb set up ...it makes these motors talk ...I’m rather sure this is on his 1100 motor ...not positive ...it could also have early 371 1000 cams in it ...the biggest problem with this carb is idle doing good and not being to rich and just off idle ..sure can blacken the plugs ..but it sure rips it up ...looks like dan had it up to 8 or 9 grand on the rpm several times ....impressive to say the least ..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfyan7izAc
Ok I’ve forgotten how to load a video that’s shows up but this is first video of the hooch under power ...I still didn’t have it right yet ...at idle and off idle it was running rich ...I think video said 6 years ago .....at this time the bike had the 1000 final drive ...witch was way to low ..I went from here to 1100 final drive and eventually 1200 final drive it has now ...I had a 1800 final drive all modified and ready to weld up ...but lost all my stuff before I could finish it...I’m sure it was going to work ..but needed way to many parts still ..wheel rotor and brakes ..hooch would have handle it and the gearing was going to be slightly taller still

Maybe dan can make the video show in the thread ...

Wow!
They sound like racing cars..
Why mine doesn't sound like that?
Maybe because I covered it up too much? LOL

Anyways, since it doesn't say Oldwing specific...

Ah love the 2 stroke sound and smell.

I would run 2 stroke at maybe twice that RPM. I could control the bike better, and I think the engine liked it. I sure loved the sound!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=215234#p215234:m1h0egba said:
dan filipi » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:26 am[/url]":m1h0egba]
Ah love the 2 stroke sound and smell.

I would run 2 stroke at maybe twice that RPM. I could control the bike better, and I think the engine liked it. I sure loved the sound!

Well KDX200 got really good low end torque so I didn't need to rev much to follow my son.
Got to admire modern (25 years old.. LOL) variable exhaust chamber techonology (KIPS).

This is more like good old 2 stroke ('79 IT175) with simple exhaust chamber.

Latest posts