Side Cover rehab

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old timey solution....elbow grease! :smilie_happy:
I actually used a small screwdriver to lightly scrape some of the tan crap off, and then put some 3M Adhesive remover(I had it handy) on a paper towel, scrunched the towel up in a corner, and rubbed. Most of it is coming off, but I want to use some Q-tips, and something a little less harsh to try to clean the rest of it. We'll see....it is already better than it was, so.... :popcorn:
Of course, when I looked at the emblem on the OTHER side, the red is completely missing..... :fiddle: :crying:

Cleaning up these emblems is time consuming. When are you doing the other side :head bang: - snowball effect - just saying? The emblems for my 1200 are clean and sort of done, will be the last items put back on the bike so I'm looking into refurb of emblems. Going to use an airbrush for the vents on the 1200 - small tiddly (using the very small definition, not the slightly drunk) work, and when I do these may try the airbrush on the emblems. Didn't have an issue with the emblems on my 1500, didn't have any so had to replace with new - "ouch" was the cost. Good project for the winter months.

:thank_you: :shock: I got home Thursday and Mama shows me she has cleaned up the rest of the emblem!! Don't even ask her to do it...she just did! What a gal! :yahoo:
I went out Sunday and polished the paint, lightly this time. Then installed both emblems with double-sided 3M trim tape, and just for a lil extra security, added a small drop of Gorilla glue to the pins from the inside. Installed, and DONE!!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.us/viewtopic.php?p=219794#p219794:2qmmw302 said:
Rednaxs60 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:10 pm[/url]":2qmmw302]
Done good - what's next on the agenda?

Agenda? I ain't got no steenkeen agenda!! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :hihihi:
Only plans I have are to RIDE.....once the weather goes back to "normal". Turned COLD/WET here this week(Friday, actually). I do still need to tether the other side cover before it goes missing, and I'll prolly do that this weekend. :yes:

Latest posts