Slabghost (Vince’s) wife

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t been on here much the last few months and am just now seeing that V has passed. I shall miss my conversations with him, always thought highly of him and his humor. RIP my friend. Wish I could help but health and distance prevent me doing so.

Can any of you give me any insight as to what I'm heading into? Those of you who knew him....do you know which bikes were running and ridden regularly? Brian: the 1200 with the bad head gasket...was that the "Army" bike I saw on here? I'm thinking that I'll concentrate on the Valk and any other known running bikes....they'll be the easiest to sell and bring the most value to Hanni. Thanks in advance....

As a former Valkyrie owner I know of one thing that isn't obvious. The choke appears to be fully on after pushing it down but in reality it will move further with more force on the lever. The first stop just takes up the tension in the cable. At this point the choke isn't on yet so the bike doesn't want to start (in cold weather). Pushing it on the rest of the way activates the choke. This should help getting that one running.

Hanni called me yesterday & told me that according to her lawyer, she can't do anything with the bikes until a year after Vince's death. I'm still going there later today to start going through the parts to see what can be turned into money for her. Hopefully I'll have time to match up titles with bikes and get a list of what's there...we'll have to do that anyway, eventually.

I agree and that’s a darn shame. Sounds like Vince might be giving us one last lesson. I need to update mine too! The last thing we want to do is create legal hassles for those left behind - even more so if there’s a financial need.

Like V, none of us know when our time is up.

bib, do know Hanni’s situation? Is she in trouble?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208766#p208766:4zsxn74f said:
wilcoy02 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 am[/url]":4zsxn74f]
The bikes are titled and will need a year to do something with. The parts probably could be sold now.
Yes...that's exactly why I want to go now and start getting the parts sorted out. She did mention that there's a complete, brand new C5 kit. ....It doesn't sound like she's actually in "trouble"...but she's on a small fixed income & doesn't currently have a vehicle to drive. Apparently her car needs a fuel pump...and she has the part. It's one of those deals where it's in the fuel tank and I don't think I'm up for the job....probably will need towed to a shop. ....and then there's the matter of actually selling the parts. I don't want a bunch of "Craigslist-Strangers" coming to her place and neither does she. I may be willing to handle and ship FOR MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM. I'm heading there shortly....I'll update this thread this evening.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208767#p208767:2zee13x8 said:
bib » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:36 am[/url]":2zee13x8]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208766#p208766:2zee13x8 said:
wilcoy02 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 am[/url]":2zee13x8]
The bikes are titled and will need a year to do something with. The parts probably could be sold now.
Yes...that's exactly why I want to go now and start getting the parts sorted out. She did mention that there's a complete, brand new C5 kit. ....It doesn't sound like she's actually in "trouble"...but she's on a small fixed income & doesn't currently have a vehicle to drive. Apparently her car needs a fuel pump...and she has the part. It's one of those deals where it's in the fuel tank and I don't think I'm up for the job....probably will need towed to a shop. ....and then there's the matter of actually selling the parts. I don't want a bunch of "Craigslist-Strangers" coming to her place and neither does she. I may be willing to handle and ship FOR MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM. I'm heading there shortly....I'll update this thread this evening.
:good:

Lots of single carb stuff...oddly, none of his bikes are converted to single carb. Lots of stuff I can't identify..I wrote down all the part numbers that I could & got pictures. I'll need help for sure in identifying and putting prices on everything. Dan...how do you think I should post this stuff?..on this thread or start another? Whatever we do if somebody on the forum wants anything I will help with getting it shipped. LMK.

Does anybody know Missouri Mike from the Goldwing Graveyard? There's a Bates ride off stand in the parts that Vince got from him & I don't know what bike it fits. If nobody knows him I'll try to email him....his business card was in the box. Value on this?

Attachments

• KIMG0116.JPG
    KIMG0116.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 89
KIMG0110.JPG
Pair of new head gaskets...unmarked. Can anyone tell what they fit? If not, I have an 1100 gasket that I'll take with me next trip to match up

KIMG0134.JPG
Headlights....is the one on the left for an 84 Standard?

Attachments

• KIMG0135.JPG
    KIMG0135.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts