Slow day, eh?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
Nothing posted since yesterday morning? What the heck are all youse guys doing? lol

Trying to get my thoughts together after a 4000 Km drive in 3 1/2 days, and Mom's passing. Lots to do, but just can't get the get up and go factor engaged - garage is a bit cool as well. Christmas is coming, don't know what to get Sonya. Found another '85 Limited Edition - maybe she'd like it for Xmas so I can use it.

Projects to complete:

Investigate the reason for "0" compression in #2 cylinder after new rings installed. Going to look at lash adjusters. There is spark at the cylinder.

Start back into my literary endeavour.

List what parts I brought back from Ontario. Stripped the '85 Limited Edition carcass, lots of good parts saved.

Install trailer hitch on Spyder.

We're still here.

Sorry about your mom as well. It may take months to process those feelings - it's natural to block grief until your body thinks it is safe to process it.

And it never really goes away. Twenty years from now, you may think of something and start to feel it all over again.

I remember the late physicist Richard Feynman writing about the death of his first wife. She was young, and she suffered from tuberculosis - her death was far from unexpected. When she died, he showed no outward emotion. It was months later, when he saw a dress in a shop window and thought to herself "she would love that dress" that he started to cry.

Sorry about your Mom's passing.

Ernest, I am sorry to hear about your Mom passing. I would pray that the peace that surpasses all understanding be with you and your family during this time.

Thanks - for the best, had three good weeks with Mom before she passed.

I missed out that she was ill, but I do know the feeling all too well,
my daughter and I spent six months at the end, staying with her mom on 12 hour shifts at the hospital.....

when she told the docs to pull the plugs, she was tired, "this is not Quality Living, I want to go", she lasted about 30 minutes.....

Fortunately our son from Georgia made it in 30 minutes before she was gone, he got to talk with her briefly...

Once we were home, we slept for days it seemed before we could get our own lives back together.

Glad that you are now able to get on again.... I still miss my mom and dad, and they have been gone now for 40+ years.