So I guess I'm an Amazonian now...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Randy- Welcome back to the land of 'the living'...

I had a C5/C6 collapse around 8 years ago or so. It was a gradual circumstance, started oh... mebbie 10 years before... I had a little neck pain, which came and went a bit, but generally got worse when there, and not quite as-gone when gone. Started to experience pain in my left hand and shoulder, which caused me to stop riding my bicycle... so I motorcycled more... but eventually, buffeting against the helmet and vibrations really hurt, so I didn't ride much at all. When it finally went, I had no sensory feeling in the hand, and after about three days, no motor ability, just muscle tremors and pain, and my stomach hurt, and I couldn't breathe, and couldn't eat.

Rather than go through the idiot-mill of insurance, I violated my new-workshop-building fund and wrote a check to get the fusion surgery done. Along with the expedience, the total check came out to less than a THIRD of what it would've been with insurance overhead. Surgery was an hour and fifteen minutes, and I was working telephones in the office three days later.

I would recommend fusion for anyone suffering a similar circumstance, as it is unbelieveable how spine problems will creep into, and asphyxiate your soul.

If you haven't found a wing yet, I think that between the gang, we can find a way to get one in your garage without grand expense...

How much work would you be able to put into it? I.e. if it hasn't run in years... or... it rides, but the carbs are plugged up, and the brakes need help... or... the battery is shot, seat is ratty and the fairing is ding'd, but runs okay?

Oh... and how about... no title? (some states/counties are tough, some aren't...)

Thanks Dave, as for the new to me wing... the new to my wife cager is first, then I can do my thing. I took a beater 1100, and massaged her into a fine machine.

image.php

~O~