Test topic

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan filipi":15a4fxat said:
FYI, the ads displayed in Tapatalk app are put in there by the app, and do not generate any income for the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see any ads in Tapatalk. One of the reasons I like it (plus I use my Fire 10 tablet most of the time).

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214812#p214812:817ww85c said:
pidjones » 5 minutes ago[/url]":817ww85c]
dan filipi":817ww85c said:
FYI, the ads displayed in Tapatalk app are put in there by the app, and do not generate any income for the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see any ads in Tapatalk. One of the reasons I like it (plus I use my Fire 10 tablet most of the time).
Ads show for me. I guess because I don’t pay a subscription.
Viewing the forum in a browser, there are no fees or ads.

pidjones":1bjli6ov said:
Yes, I use Tapatalk Pro. Paid for it many years ago. Still updates free.
Me too

Sent from my LG-US601 using Tapatalk

Well I can say that by using Tapatalk, none of the mods and refinements I’ve done to the forum can be used.
I haven’t found a way to edit my own post,
And unless you pay money to the app, you get ads.

But some people like it. I support it only because some members use it.

kerryb":2nhhdp24 said:
I'm curious about the benefit of using tapatalk. Is it easier to read on a small screen? Is there a good reason to have it?
Yes

dan filipi":2iquaoan said:
Well I can say that by using Tapatalk, none of the mods and refinements I’ve done to the forum can be used.
I haven’t found a way to edit my own post,
And unless you pay money to the app, you get ads.

But some people like it. I support it only because some members use it.
To me its worth the 5 bucks or so a year not to have ads

Let's see. Most forums (the ones that are supported - Thanks!) that I use in one place. Threads that I subscribe to in one list, threads that I've posted in in another, Unread threads in still another, and most recent threads in still another list - all with unread threads highlighted. I don't have to remember the 12 different ways 12 different forums contain links to those lists. No ads in Tapatalk Pro that I bought MANY years ago and have not had to pay again since. It runs pretty much the same on all three of my Android devices (although I seldom use it on my phone). Pictures easily downloaded. Pdf files easily downloaded. Web links work fine. I seem to be able to go back and edit just fine, within the limits set by the individual forums (some seem to set a time limit). Oh yes - and I can use it on my tablet! I keep an old one in the garage so I can reference right there the great things that you guys post!

Drawbacks: no spell checker! That is automatic on my browsers for computers. Posting pictures is hit-and-miss. Mainly an Android and device memory issue, I think. Not supported by ALL forums (NGW doesn't). And, you have to use a tablet keyboard, which I mis-type on constantly.

BTW, I just added this by going back and editing my post. Tap on your pist, te upper left gets a tool added, tap it and select Edit.

I guess the app is okay. The important thing is if it serves a need, and apparently it does. I just don't like someone taking my money for something when there are free (and often better) ways of getting it, as in open source software.

dan filipi":2b3a041n said:
I guess the app is okay. The important thing is if it serves a need, and apparently it does. I just don't like someone taking my money for something when there are free (and often better) ways of getting it, as in open source software.
I think it was less than $5. So, less than a buck a year so far. And it works. I like free and open source when it is available and not actually paid for with ads poping up all over.

Latest posts