The New CGW forum

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
If you are reading this, you managed to log in to the new setup. It's different, but rest assured that all of the data/pics etc is still here. Please be patient as we all learn the new stuff, and continue to fine-tune everything. Poke around...see what's new....enjoy! Ask questions if needed.

Tapatalk support?
We aren't going to use Tapatalk.

Instead.
1. Bring up the forum on your phone/tablet by typing in the forum name.
2. The forum comes up.
3. If you are in Safari, you will see this page and the box with the up arrow will allow a menu to show.

View attachment 47386

Then

View attachment 47387

That will put an icon on your phone /tablet screen so you tap it and you are in the forum. And have full function of the forum.

This is from an iPad, and iPhone is the same.

Well, I use Android on mobiles and don't really care to use a browser on my tablet if it can be avoided. Tapatalk is designed for forums on mobile devices. Forums on mobile device browsers are a pain (I hardly ever look at forums on my phone, anyway). BTW, I am responding on my laptop, as typing on a tablet is hard enough, near impossible for me in the browser. So, yes I am very disappointed that you are dropping Tapatalk support.

Well, for one thing - on my Fire10 tablet (rather large), the ivons are tiny and hard to reliably hit. Typing on a screen keyboard is hard enough on the tablet (as I'm doing now) but something I wouldn't even attempt on the phone. Attaching photos in Tapatalk is easy, too.

Sometimes on the phone I’ll zoom in slightly with 2 fingers to more easily tap a button. I’ve also changed the text size larger in the phone and browser settings. Also landscape reveals more of the page than portrait.

I have been using my Android 10 phone exclusively for several years and it is second nature to me now. However I have not been on here a few years I believe. Howdy Dan, Joel! I will be in and out on the forum now. I exclusively use Firefox browser and duckduckgo for my needs.
Joep

If you are reading this, you managed to log in to the new setup. It's different, but rest assured that all of the data/pics etc is still here. Please be patient as we all learn the new stuff, and continue to fine-tune everything. Poke around...see what's new....enjoy! Ask questions if needed.
oh my is this different

This forum software package is a decided upgrade from before. It is commonly used on a number of globally accessed forums. People resist change. But sometimes change is good.
I can agree to my resistance to change as it has taken me awhile to get enthused with the new look as it reminds me of the Australian Ford Forums that I frequent and I have found inferior to the old CGW site. Luckily the navigation on this new format seems to work well once I figure out my preferences.🙂